The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

13 minutes ago, compo said:

Well what’s the latest rumours concerning our club on the transfer front 

I think the only rumours at the moment are outgoings
Lammers recently interesting Twente (Ironically a team we could face in the the qualifiers in a few weeks)
Dessers to various places

Wright to Sheffield Wednesday

Cantwell to Saudi

Don't think there are any incoming rumours...

Clement yesterday

"I knew Robby McCrorie was desperate to go in January. I stopped him in January. We helped him to act fast in this window because it’s important with European games to come he trains with his new team at Kilmarnock.

We have some players who have come in who are longer term, like Nsiala. He has a lot of talent but he needs the experience and he needs to learn a lot of things.

I don’t expect him to be a starting player. The same with Igamane. He will not be ready to start. He’s never trained or played physically at this level.

“He comes out of a holiday too so we need to build him up. We have other players like Barron and Jefte who can get there faster. It is not easy to replace five players and Robby also without money coming into the club"

- A lot left to do

- Not much money to do it with, unless we can offload

- Wants new first team players in to train in advance of European qualifiers 

1 minute ago, compo said:

I was under the impression we were getting a few bob from some Saudi outfit for them.

Those were just rumours.  We really need to shift a few players and time is of the essence.

3 minutes ago, compo said:

What’s going on with Tavernier and Goldson I was under the impression we were getting a few bob from some Saudi outfit for them.

Aye, we are getting 7M for Goldson apparently. 😂or😭

I can't see us getting him off the wage bill without a payoff.

2 hours ago, buster. said:

Aye, we are getting 7M for Goldson apparently. 😂or😭

I can't see us getting him off the wage bill without a payoff.

We have little money to buy new players, so we'll (rightly) not be wasting the little we have paying players off. 

Think there is still interest for Tav from Saudi and believe Birmingham are interested in Goldson. 

Also, Clement has said a few times he is in no hurry to move either of them on. 

The big takeaway for me from his interview was that a house / Rome wasn't built in a day, same with this Rangers rebuild. Wonder if the fans will show the necessary patience.....