The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I don't think anyone expected shifting a lot of the unwanted players would be easy, so continually moaning about it seems rather pointless.  

"...a lot..."

One would have been a start.

I could get on the happy clappers bus who believe that clubs are queuing up to bid 7M for Goldson. That we are in a position to demand top dollar for our players. Players with lucrative contracts who will happily run out the door for less.

Clement has repeatedly made the point of how important the pre season is wrt to players fitness and resistance to picking up injuries. 

It would have been good to have most of the players in prior to the pre season, especially the more experienced (more mileage in the legs).

That is real. 

You not liking it is your opinion but doesn't add anything.

I'm positive about our current playing staff, it's early yet but we've signed a lot of potential, just need a few more experienced players and we'll be in a decent position. I'm sure we'll see some of the dead wood moved on, nothing much happens with this til late on in the window every year. We also have a manager who has earned the right to build a squad and a playing style, that I'm sure will bring success. We need to trust in someone, and get into a position where we're strengthening every year by adding 2 or 3, not having a clearout every time.

In terms of the stadium delays, it's not great, but show me any big infrastructure project that's on time. It doesn't happen, and it's nothing to do with low quality steel, the supply chain for materials is an absolute nightmare these days, there's a huge shortage of good project Engineers and Managers too. The situations lies firmly at the feet of previous boards, who let the stadium maintenance drift.

I'm an optimist, partly by choice, as it's a nicer world to live in. Yes it means I get disappointed a lot more than a pessimist, but I bounce back quickly.

Mon the Rangers.

22 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

I'm positive about our current playing staff, it's early yet but we've signed a lot of potential, just need a few more experienced players and we'll be in a decent position. I'm sure we'll see some of the dead wood moved on, nothing much happens with this til late on in the window every year. We also have a manager who has earned the right to build a squad and a playing style, that I'm sure will bring success. We need to trust in someone, and get into a position where we're strengthening every year by adding 2 or 3, not having a clearout every time.

In terms of the stadium delays, it's not great, but show me any big infrastructure project that's on time. It doesn't happen, and it's nothing to do with low quality steel, the supply chain for materials is an absolute nightmare these days, there's a huge shortage of good project Engineers and Managers too. The situations lies firmly at the feet of previous boards, who let the stadium maintenance drift.

I'm an optimist, partly by choice, as it's a nicer world to live in. Yes it means I get disappointed a lot more than a pessimist, but I bounce back quickly.

Mon the Rangers.

The one thing I see as a major positive is that we have a decent manager.

I have repeatedly said that we need to be realistic and give him time. If that is a transitional season without any tangible success, so be it. As long as you see younger players bedding in and improving.

Many say it isn't realistic to expect such patience. 

33 minutes ago, buster. said:

The one thing I see as a major positive is that we have a decent manager.

I have repeatedly said that we need to be realistic and give him time. If that is a transitional season without any tangible success, so be it. As long as you see younger players bedding in and improving.

Many say it isn't realistic to expect such patience. 

The Rangers fans want instant success a wee run of bad results and they will turn on him then the board will panic and then it’s back to square one yes I say stick with him 

Mon the gers. :rfc:

The thing with players under contract who haven't lived up to expectations, is that other teams can see this too.  It affects both the price we can charge to move them on, and potentially the wages they can attract when they do.  In short, we need to wait till the end of the transfer window before assessing the squad fully.

That said, this pre-season I've deliberately avoided getting too invested in any of the new signings.  I wish them all well, but it wont be until we see how they perform and handle the expectation/standards the fans will demand till we can form an accurate judgement.   Lammers would seem to be the case in point here - arguably one of our most exciting signings last summer, showed up well in pre-season, but he just couldn't manage to string his laces, never mind consistent performance levels together.  At least until he moved home to a club where he was under far less pressure.

1 minute ago, stewarty said:

The thing with players under contract who haven't lived up to expectations, is that other teams can see this too.  It affects both the price we can charge to move them on, and potentially the wages they can attract when they do.  In short, we need to wait till the end of the transfer window before assessing the squad fully.

This is very true. I have a feeling we are just going to have to suck it up and use many of these guys best we can. Hagi for example if there is no interest in him just use him. 

The likes of Matondo and Ben Davies are just going to have to be endured for the next 2 years. playing a few fleeting minutes while enjoying the ambiance of our treatment room. A harsh lesson learned.

4 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

This is very true. I have a feeling we are just going to have to suck it up and use many of these guys best we can. Hagi for example if there is no interest in him just use him. 

The likes of Matondo and Ben Davies are just going to have to be endured for the next 2 years. playing a few fleeting minutes while enjoying the ambiance of our treatment room. A harsh lesson learned.

You never know, but I suspect it will be cut-price deals and pay-offs to get some of them off the books.