The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

After late night hope, the media throws some spanners ...

Rangers are poised to head off interest from clubs in England and Italy to sign 21-year-old out-of-contract Aberdeen midfielder Connor Barron. (The Herald)

Fenerbahce have made an enquiry to Bayern Munich about 20-year-old Germany youth winger Yusuf Kabadayi, who has been linked with Rangers. (Turkiyeyedair via Daily Record)

New Besiktas head coach Giovanni van Bronckhorst will make a move to sign 23-year-old Rangers left-back Ridvan Yilmaz if Arthur Masuaku leaves the Turkish club during the summer window. (Turkiye Gazetesi via Glasgow Times)

Rangers-linked 20-year-old midfielder Damian Garcia is poised to sign a contract extension with Penarol. (El Observador)

Rangers' £1.7m signing of Hamza Igamane is not yet rubber-stamped and there are still some issues for the club to sort out with the 21-year-old striker's current club, FAR Rabat. (The Fourth Official)

For a laugh ...

Birmingham City are monitoring Aberdeen striker Bojan Miovski, but Bologna are leading the way in the hunt for the 24-year-old North Macedonia international valued at £7m by the Scottish Premiership club. (Scottish Sun)

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Arent they 

1) Skint

2) been relegated to league 1?

'Skint' in English football is a lot different to being skint up here.  

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

'Skint' in English football is a lot different to being skint up here.  

Ok - let me elaborate.

A quick google states in various sources Aberdeen are looking for around 6 million for Bojan. Considering the boy has 2 years to run and they sold the lad Ramsay for 5 million a couple of years back, they seem to be 'OK' financially I'd wager a guess that seems about right.

Looking at Birmingham's incoming transfers in the past 3 years they have not spent more than £2.5 million(approx.) on any one player.

They also have not had a significant outgoing in the past 3 years that would look to fund this.

Does this move seem likely given the freely available information I have just spent 2 minutes googling?

Is it too hard for someone who's actual job it is to replicate this or is it some kind of naff AI that makes these things up?

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

51 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Is it too hard for someone who's actual job it is to replicate this or is it some kind of naff AI that makes these things up?

Fair point but modern journalism isn't really about digging to find facts - it's about getting clicks.  

21 minutes ago, compo said:

Looks like Dessers place is safe as our striker .

What makes you say that?  The window only opened a few days ago and Danilo may be first choice, if no one better is brought in.

57 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

What makes you say that?  The window only opened a few days ago and Danilo may be first choice, if no one better is brought in.

I would think a lack of cash to buy anyone decent unless these rumours about some idiot paying silly money for Tavernier and Goldson are true but I think we will be stuck with this pair of duds 

Far be it for me to stick up for The Sun but Birmingham City were taken over last year by by an American group who seem to have more money than sense. Their drop to League 1 is unlikely to prevent them from buying players from Aberdeen. 

Aberdeen on the other hand have been operating at a significant loss for a few years, this has been offset by player sales, but even then they've still lost over £3 million over the last 3 seasons. The season just finished, despite Conference League group football, is unlikely to have improved much as they, once again, went through 3 managers and finished 11th in the league. Wanting £7 million is fine but I suspect they'd accept half that.