Looking at this I'd say we need a:

RW

CF

RCB

LCB (X2?)

CM

RB

GK

If we can all agree that Souttar and Balogun are both naturally RCB's then I think we should try and bring in a first team signing for that berth.

I've half a mind towards keeping Davies especially if we're changing to a back 3. Otherwise we're going to have to go out and sign 2 LCB at least.

Possible Signings (Linked):

RW - Traore

CF - Rrahmani/Shankland

LCB (X2) - Galdames/McNair

CM - Garcia/Barron

RCB - ?? Unsure, haven't seen links

RB - Johnson/Walters

GK - Kelly

Pretty rudimentary and most of those won't sign but it gives an idea of what the club are looking for.

Also I'm pretty sure Cortés was on the left for us when he played, might be wrong though.

Edited by yuddie

2 hours ago, yuddie said:

I'm on my knees for that to be true.

Anything like 10m+ for those two and we're laughing.

Honestly, I'd give therm both for free, to get rid and free the wages. if we get 2m+ we should be laughing. 

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

Honestly, I'd give therm both for free, to get rid and free the wages. if we get 2m+ we should be laughing. 

If we get 2m+ from Saudi for players with 2 years left and on the thick end of 40k a week I'd be greeting tbf.

Agree with the sentiment though.

Edited by yuddie

1 hour ago, weebluedevil said:

As much as I think we need to move them on we also need to replace them. Both regularly have played 50+ games a season for the past 6 seasons or something similar. 

Its a balancing act and moving them on needs to be worth our while.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

As much as I think we need to move them on we also need to replace them. Both regularly have played 50+ games a season for the past 6 seasons or something similar. 

Its a balancing act and moving them on needs to be worth our while.

I get it. On the face of it, they should have some value, especially if a Saudi club is interested. We do need to replace them, they were not just some fringe players as you point out.

However, at their age, declining form and the fact they will have no value in 12 months time IMO, I'd rather we get rid now, even if we don't bring much in for them. The two most important factors for me are 1. Getting rid so we can end "the cycle", and 2. Saving sizeable wages for the rebuild. Any fee we manage to recuperate is a distant 3rd for me. 

All I'm saying is if it was a choice between keeping them for the next two years or moving them on with little to no fee, I would bite your hand off for the latter.  

Edited by weebluedevil

27 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Another problem is finding a new captain; it needs to be someone who is likely to play every game. Thing about Tav is, whatever you say about him,  he is rarely injured.

Only Butland would fit that criteria.