CLQR3 Draw: Dynamo Kyiv/Partisan v Rangers

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Have you watched us since the clocks went forward?

Our home game won't be at home.  

Haha clocks....someone who relies on a construct. 

Roger that - you have a point. This must be the first ever game where (if its Kyiv) that the games will 2 legged be played at neutral stadia. 

As for your jibe - as someone who doesnt have to worry about clock detail I have pretty good faith in Big Phil. Seriously - why is the mess Ian Beale made so quickly forgotten?  

5 minutes ago, Gribz said:

Roger that - you have a point. This must be the first ever game where (if its Kyiv) that the games will 2 legged be played at neutral stadia. 

As for your jibe - as someone who doesnt have to worry about clock detail I have pretty good faith in Big Phil. Seriously - why is the mess Ian Beale made so quickly forgotten?  

No reason to drag Eastenders into this.

12 minutes ago, Gribz said:

I'm expected to turn up at work on time, so not really much I can do other than adhere to GMT.  

I think we can beat either of these sides but wouldn't say I'm confident.  We have been hopeless since Benfica beat us at Ibrox.

We manage to move some players on ,and bring in a couple before the Euro deadline, then with a bit of luck we could maybe just do enough to drag ourselves over the line and qualify.

Probably wouldn't be pretty ,but who cares? it's all about the dosh.

As it happens, Union Berlin played Dynamo Kiev in their training camp in Austria on July 18th, winning 3-2.

German report ...

https://www.fc-union-berlin.de/de/fussball/profis/spielplan/detail/-1-FC-Union-Berlin-Dynamo-Kyiv-19086O/

1. FC Union Berlin: Stein (46. Klaus) – Trimmel (46. Preu), Jaeckel (46. Doekhi), Vogt (46. Král), Leite (46. Ogbemudia), Gosens (46. Puchacz) – Haberer (46. Khedira), Tousart (46. Kemlein) – Skarke (46. Vertessen), Prtajin (46. Siebatcheu), Hollerbach (46. Bedia)

FC Dynamo Kiew: Bushchan (46. Neshcheret) – Karavaiev (79. Shepeliev), Malysh, Popov, Vivcharenko – Brazhko, Pikhalyonok (68. Lonwijk), Kabayev (79. Ceballos), Voloshin Nazar (46. Yarmolenko) – Buyalskyi (68. Shaparenko), Vanat (79. Samba Diallo)

Personal: Gegen den ukrainischen Rekordmeister musste Cheftrainer Bo Svensson noch auf einige EM-Fahrer verzichten: Frederik Rönnow, András Schäfer, Josip Juranović sowie Neuzugang László Bénes standen also nicht zur Verfügung. Außerdem fehlten Alexander Schwolow, Jérôme Roussillon und Kevin Volland verletzungsbedingt.

Zuschauer: 648

Tore: 1:0 Hollerbach (14.), 1:1 Vanat (34.), 2:1 Bedia (68.), 2:2 Sambia Diallo (83.), 3:2 Siebatcheu (90.)

FYI ... Union's pre-match comments on Kiev

The opponent check

Coach Oleksandr Shovkovskyi's team finished the 2023/24 season in second place in the Ukrainian Premier League. In the qualification for the Europa Conference League, Dynamo Kyiv was eliminated in the fourth round by Besiktas Istanbul.

Ukrainian international Vladyslav Vanat is particularly dangerous in terms of scoring goals. The center forward scored 24 points (DB: whatever these are) in 27 games in the Premier League and was nominated for the European Championship squad, where he was substituted to play for the last twenty minutes in the third group game against Belgium. Shortly after the duel with 1. FC Union Berlin, the Ukrainians will already have their first competitive games. On July 23rd and July 31st, 2024, the team will face Partizan Belgrade in the UEFA Champions League qualification.