Do we have enough financial resources to survive?

40 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

There are yahoos in Larkhall but it's still a Rangers town.  At no point have I stated there are no Bears in Coatbridge.  

Carfin might be a "better" choice of town 🤔 😉 😀 

20 hours ago, compo said:

Been reading this mornings paper and it's big story is this Taylor Swift concert  no doubt Murrayfield will be getting well paid for this so why aren't our financial wizzos not into this little earner we've done it before looks to me like easy money  

There's a lot of work being done on the Copland stand this summer so Ibrox isn't available for concerts or events. We're not even playing any friendlies at home pre-season. 

Harry Styles, a troubadour popular with the young people, played at Ibrox in the very recent past which suggests our 'wizzos' are onto this little earner. 

49 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Harry Styles, a troubadour popular with the young people

Thanks. I used to wonder what his job was.

56 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Thanks. I used to wonder what his job was.

Then I had better warn you to stay clear of one Taylor Swift, a chanteuse currently migrating to Scotland with a horde of 'swifties' (No, not the Rangers Colts).

22 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Then I had better warn you to stay clear of one Taylor Swift, a chanteuse currently migrating to Scotland with a horde of 'swifties' (No, not the Rangers Colts).

I walked into town yesterday (past Murrayfield).  I used to be a fan of short skirts and Cowboy boots (on females) but several thousand Scottish women in such attire has dimmed the attraction significantly. 

Be good if Rangers could attract some decent artists to play at Ibrox.  

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

There's a lot of work being done on the Copland stand this summer so Ibrox isn't available for concerts or events. We're not even playing any friendlies at home pre-season. 

Harry Styles, a troubadour popular with the young people, played at Ibrox in the very recent past which suggests our 'wizzos' are onto this little earner. 

but not on it often enough 

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I walked into town yesterday (past Murrayfield).  I used to be a fan of short skirts and Cowboy boots (on females) but several thousand Scottish women in such attire has dimmed the attraction significantly. 

Be good if Rangers could attract some decent artists to play at Ibrox.  

There must be some places near Murrayfield where your desires can be catered for?🤣 Not sure you would welcome Rod Stewart though!

7 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

There must be some places near Murrayfield where your desires can be catered for?🤣 Not sure you would welcome Rod Stewart though!

If it generates money then you can bring in pope Francie to  conduct mass  money's ,money .  

22 hours ago, compo said:

but not on it often enough 

There aren't that many performers who can sell out a stadium gig, Compo. This summer only Pink, Green Day and Taylor Swift are performing stadium tours with Scottish dates. Springsteen didn't come to Scotland this year and AC/DC are only playing Wembley. That's your stadium artists for 2024. There are only around dozen, maybe 20 performers who can tour with stadium sized venues on their schedule. Scotland's not a big market and there are 3 stadiums, including Ibrox, vying for them. The other two have the advantage of not hosting sport every other weekend, so can offer more flexibility around dates. 

You can criticise the Ibrox management about a number things, but I'm not sure this is one of them.