Do we have enough financial resources to survive?

On 26/05/2024 at 15:00, RANGERRAB said:

The issue is recruitment. They don’t spend that much more than us but their recruitment is a different level from ours 

That may be the case, Rab, but we have lost Cordoba to Norwich City. That is due to salary and nothing else I don't it's because Norwich will be in Europe next year. They have no chance so effectively we don't have enough to offer Cordoba enough of a salary. Lets see what the Argentinian brings, he looks next on the list we may get lucky. WATP

9 hours ago, Hume said:

That may be the case, Rab, but we have lost Cordoba to Norwich City. That is due to salary and nothing else I don't it's because Norwich will be in Europe next year. They have no chance so effectively we don't have enough to offer Cordoba enough of a salary. Lets see what the Argentinian brings, he looks next on the list we may get lucky. WATP

You are away with the Canaries, never mind Norwich in Europe :D 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Hume said:

Rubbish.

Players go to such English clubs as Norwich as it offers them a faster route to a Premiership contract, and that's about the height of many players ambitions.

Edited by Devil's advocaat

Given our top priority is to reduce the wage bill, I don't see how we can get upset losing a player to Norwich who'll pay more and give a better opportunity to get into EPL.

If you look at Clement's recruitment in Belgium, he signed players from South America, Africa and surrounded them with players from Belgium / Europe. Looks like he'll be doing the same here - bringing in players on circa £7K instead of £30-£40K. Then sell them on at a profit

Worked for him previously and its the model we'll need to succeed here. If it does, we've won a watch

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Given our top priority is to reduce the wage bill, I don't see how we can get upset losing a player to Norwich who'll pay more and give a better opportunity to get into EPL.

If you look at Clement's recruitment in Belgium, he signed players from South America, Africa and surrounded them with players from Belgium / Europe. Looks like he'll be doing the same here - bringing in players on circa £7K instead of £30-£40K. Then sell them on at a profit

Worked for him previously and its the model we'll need to succeed here. If it does, we've won a watch

He's supposedly only getting 7k per week there. Seen it on twitter somewhere.