Germany have played at a number of different venues during this tournament. Quite right too, they are the national team and it is wrong for one ground to be designated as a home ground, the advantages this would give are obvious. In 1966, 1996 and 2021 England played all their England based matches at Wembley. In 1966 the semi-final was changed to Wembley at the last minute. At euro 96, at least one England game was supposed to be held at Villa Park, but surprise, surprise, this never happened. The same thing will happen in future. I'm English myself and find this attachment to Wembley frustrating and embarrassing. I wish they could try to be like the Germans.

I would have allowed Germany’s disallowed goal to stand. Contrary to the laws but morally right. 

The “scorer” started his run for the header. A Danish defender tried to block the run by getting between the attacker and the anticipated flight of the ball but another German blocked him from so doing and was penalised. The Dane’s intent to commit an offence was thwarted by an actual offender.

This is American football. I think they call it interference. A player never has to get out of the way of another player but a player running into the path of an opponent with the ball nowhere near is obstructing, surely.

I’m told that grappling and shirt tugging are evidence that football is a man’s game. I disagree. A man’s game is where players going for the ball collide when they and the ball arrive together at the same place. The player who staggers to his feet is a real man but so is the other lying in a crumpled heap waiting the sponge because he didn’t shirk the challenge.

I think I now know why Gary Neville was a dud manager his countries a goal down and his solution is bringing on another full back Trent and playing the other full back out of position