6 minutes ago, compo said:

the Scotland and England managers have both shown a great deal of tactical naivety in their lineups 

If "serious sport is war minus the shooting", both should be tried for cowardice in the face of the enemy, and, following inevitable verdicts of '"Guilty",  horsewhipped. 

10 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

If "serious sport is war minus the shooting", both should be tried for cowardice in the face of the enemy, and, following inevitable verdicts of '"Guilty",  horsewhipped. 

Sounds good a right good thrashing with the cat o nine tails 

2 hours ago, Uilleam said:

Yes, but Clarke's record over the stretch of games before the Euros was deplorable, only beating the giants of Gibraltar, if memory serves.

That is indicative of something, and it ain't good. 

However, Clarke stuck to his guns, and to his pals, and to his 'formation', if such it was, and to his 'tactics', if such they were, and paid the, ahem, penalty. 

It may only be described as a failure of management. 

Oh, and the 'pen' v Hungary was not a pen. 

Hungary, in fact should have had a pen, but didn't need it. 

And I'd take the Argentinian ref, and his assistants, and VAR men,  for the next game v the fhilth. 

Myself and Alan Shearer will disagree re the pen. Agree with the tenor of your comments though.

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I think Portugal have been poor.

The stats no doubt confirm but they are good to watch except the last twenty minutes against Georgia. They could have had four by that time.

11 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

The stats no doubt confirm but they are good to watch except the last twenty minutes against Georgia. They could have had four by that time.

I didn't consider the stats. 

I think they have looked poor.