5 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Not sure that's true. We have some good players who play for Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal. Missing Hickey, Lewis Ferguson and Patterson was maybe a big blow but then again no guarantee Clarke would pick any of them. 

You lack a WC attacker though - the Bale effect if you will. Or Lewandoski, Haaland etc.

I sympathise with Clarke in the way that McGinn and McTominay are his best goal threats and they're essentially box to box midfielders.

You don't even have a good winger. Doak could be but the lads 18 and was mismanaged by Clarke in the buildup when he got injured. That smacked of selection desperation from him and the poor lad got crocked after just returning from injury - I'm surprised more wasn't made of that.

He's lucky Klopp left Liverpool because he would've gone through the fucking roof.

Edited by yuddie

2 minutes ago, yuddie said:

You lack a WC attacker though - the Bale effect if you will. Or Lewandoski, Haaland etc.

I sympathise with Clarke in the way that McGinn and McTominay are his best goal threats and they're essentially box to box midfielders.

You don't even have a good winger. Doak could be but the lads 18 and was mismanaged by Clarke in the buildup when he got injured. That smacked of selection desperation from him and the poor lad got crocked after just returning from injury - I'm surprised more wasn't made of that.

He's lucky Klopp left Liverpool because he would've gone through the fucking roof.

I think if you have a guy like Shankland then you play him. Quality isn't overly important - the most important thing is that you have a focal point and the team can work around deficiencies. I find it very difficult to believe any other forward we have could be less effective than Adams who looks like he won a raffle to play football.

Shanklands movement in ten mins v Hungary was more than Adams had done in 3 games.

Agree on the wingers thing, but when you have fullbacks like Robertson / Tierney / Hickey for the left or Patterson / Hickey on the right then you'd want the midfield to play narrow to give these guys space to run into.

Close to HT in their final group game and France have been out scored by Clarke's Scotland.

France will go through but thus far, a major disappointment.

French have got a player called Barcode, on the left hand side.

Edited by buster.

Should have watched Austria v Netherlands, chaps. Great game.

Haven’t seen France v Poland yet but so far, France have been lethargic.

4 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Should have watched Austria v Netherlands, chaps. Great game.

Haven’t seen France v Poland yet but so far, France have been lethargic.

France and England are the two disappointments so far 

Although we all know that it's the KO stages where the winners step up.

This is turning into a real opportunity for England if they top their group.

Top half of draw has potential quarters of 

Spain v Germany

Portugal v France 

5 minutes ago, compo said:

Mon the English. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Fall out after a Slovenia win would be delicious 🤞🏻

Edited by buster.