Absolutely bizarre post match xenophobia from a man who looks like he struggles with mental health or alcoholism. The SFA should do the decent thing and relieve him of his duties.

FWIW i don't think it was a penalty, but if it was maybe we would have a better chance of winning if we actually tried to play football. 

Our xG for the entire tournament was non existent, we only scored with 2 OG's.

13 hours ago, ian1964 said:

You’ve got to sympathise. Clarke is obviously fluent in European just hasn’t got round to mastering Argentinian. How much different it would have been if only the ref had been a Spaniard.

This poor 'footsoldier' (and how I despise that appellation) is out 10K GBP, and angry. 

It would be facile to assert 'fools and their money'. Really, he did deserve more for his dough, like a bit of attacking football, which is surely not too much to ask of the National XI, and its managers and coaches...

And, speaking of which, can anyone, who watched the matches, and Scotland's dire set pieces, explain what in the actual fuck the 'set-piece coach', Mr Austin McPhee, does to earn his gelt?

With the players at his disposal Clarke was never going to field a winning side playing attractive football. His mission was to try to scrape through and avoid a shellacking. He failed even that in the very first match. Ok it was Germany but this isn’t the Germany of old. In the second match the team actually played very well without looking as if they would score many goals. I could only manage twenty minutes of the first half last night before switching off to do something more exciting.

Two points. 1. Guardiola himself would struggle with these players. 2. Scotland couldn’t do it with players like Law and Baxter and a rattling good supporting cast. Is it something to do with our native character?

If I've read the stats correctly then in three games we've got two goals both own goals I think and in these three matches we've achieved three corner kicks those two stats if correct I may have read it wrongly then we're playing matches and not putting the opposition under any sustained pressure 

Scotland’s pre match preparations were scuppered ,when there was a power outage in the dressing room whilst watching Braveheart , just as Mel Gibson was about to utter the lines “They may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom! “.
This drained the players of any potential energy and enthusiasm ,...as was witnessed for the entire match.

And the future for the Scotland national team doesn’t look great either. Most of the current team are 30 ish or older and there’s not any good young players coming through with the exception of maybe Gilmour. Up front is a real worry. When did Scotland last have a top drawer striker/ CF ?