27 minutes ago, compo said:

Going by the English coaches comments I fear he’s losing the plot.

Kalvin Phillips one was strange aye.

His comments on their fitness and how tired they are matched what I saw in the two games though, the lads looked like they were wading through custard at times.

I loved the Czech Republic side at Euro 2004 (Nedved, Poborsky, Rosicky, Cech, Koller, Baros, Galasek, Jankulovsky, Gregera, Ujfalusi, Smicer), but after the recent issues Rangers have had against Czech sides, I can't stand them now. 

Anyone notice the lad I don’t remember what country he represented but he could take throw ins that were better than most of the crosses I’ve witnessed in our league games.

6 hours ago, compo said:

Anyone notice the lad I don’t remember what country he represented but he could take throw ins that were better than most of the crosses I’ve witnessed in our league games.

Do you mean SPFL league games this season?

The only team I recall shelling our box with long throws was Hearts - and generally they did sweet fa. Was it one of their full backs?

Outside of that if you're talking about nostalgia, then Rory Delap is the one I think of, NI International.

What set him apart wasn't the length of the throws, it was the trajectory - it was like a flat javelin throw.

He should be inducted into the Premier Leagur HOF too imo, but that's a debate for another day.

6 hours ago, compo said:

IMG_1223.thumb.jpeg.bbabc21525c605e656a708c78eb4df01.jpeg

Pirlo should start because of the coolest Panenka penalty of all time when Hart was in goal for England. The Italian midfielder was sublime that match.

Talking of Panenka, one of the great finals was the West Germany v Czechoslovakia in 76. What a game 

On 22/06/2024 at 13:52, compo said:

Going by the English coaches comments I fear he’s losing the plot.

Harry Kane is now publicly replying to pundits who criticised him 😂

"The bottom line is we haven't won anything as a nation for a long, long time and a lot of these players were part of that as well and they know how tough it is. So it is not digging anyone out, it is just the reality that they do know it is tough to play in these major tournaments and tough to play for England."

Poor Harry ! But when it comes to winning nothing, you can't knock his track record.

Will Scotland rise to the occasion tonight and put the Magyars to the sword Awill Clarke’s name be held in the same esteem as Stein , Ferguson, Smith and Ally McCloud