6 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

The collective chip on the Scottish shoulder...will it ever go away? 

All very childish and totally ingrained. 

I didn't care who won tonight - just wanted to see a good match and thought it was okay.

Scottish fans celebrating England getting beat is really quite embarrassing, cringe!.

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Scottish fans celebrating England getting beat is really quite embarrassing, cringe!.

Absolutely. Some Scots want them to lose through a healthy (albeit one-way) rivalry but many are xenophobic and their dislike/hatred of England is how their Scottish identity manifests itself.

58 minutes ago, compo said:

I’m not convinced Kane has been fully fit throughout this entire tournament 

He's been unfit and tired and shouldn't have been near the team.

Southgate didn't have the balls to drop him and it cost England big time. England reached the final in spite of Southgate, and not because of him, and one of his biggest failings was not dropping Kane. The team couldn't function with a forward with no pace who kept coming deep. They were playing with one hand tied behind their backs.

11 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

The collective chip on the Scottish shoulder...will it ever go away? 

All very childish and totally ingrained. 

I didn't care who won tonight - just wanted to see a good match and thought it was okay.

It's not a chip Gonzo - though I agree some of the reaction (e.g. the National front page) is embarrassing.  It's the concept that the UK is really England. Ask yourself this: would Scotland, NI or Wales have had a consolation message from the King if they had lost the final? We are supposed to be the United Kingdom; England's achievement is their achievement not Britain's. I'm a Unionist but I sometimes wonder for how much longer.

3 hours ago, compo said:

I’m not convinced Kane has been fully fit throughout this entire tournament still it was in the stars Tennis in the afternoon and footie at night a nice Spanish double.

Did you have money on both? If so, well done. Alcaraz was fantastic; he might turn out to be the best tennis player ever.

2 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Did you have money on both? If so, well done. Alcaraz was fantastic; he might turn out to be the best tennis player ever.

A small double