Refs in the spl are biased but I think it’s unconscious bias. Refereeing a running sport requires instant decision most of the time. The celtic minded can’t help themselves. They might not make the same decisions with time to think.

Beaton is different. He can help himself. He has tuned his brain the other way so that he can never be accused of bias in favour of Rangers.

I also reckon that Scottish referees are average at their work. At high level they should be above average. As Uilleam has pointed out, none has been invited to the Euro circus.

Supporters are biased too.I know I am. I follow a team in a lower league. Fellow followers were constantly moaning about one particular referee being both useless and biased in favour of another club. A visit to that club’s message board discovered exactly the same complaint about the same referee. A dud biased in favour of my team. These assessments were untrammelled by politics, religion or geography so the reality in that particular league is not bias but incompetence.

6 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Refs in the spl are biased but I think it’s unconscious bias. Refereeing a running sport requires instant decision most of the time. The celtic minded can’t help themselves. They might not make the same decisions with time to think.

Beaton is different. He can help himself. He has tuned his brain the other way so that he can never be accused of bias in favour of Rangers.

I also reckon that Scottish referees are average at their work. At high level they should be above average. As Uilleam has pointed out, none has been invited to the Euro circus.

Supporters are biased too.I know I am. I follow a team in a lower league. Fellow followers were constantly moaning about one particular referee being both useless and biased in favour of another club. A visit to that club’s message board discovered exactly the same complaint about the same referee. A dud biased in favour of my team. These assessments were untrammelled by politics, religion or geography so the reality in that particular league is not bias but incompetence.

SPFL referees work in an environment where Celtic call the shots & dare not upset them. Had the disallowed goal on Saturday been at the other end it would have stood. Only a fool would suggest otherwise. Regards Saturdays officials, Rodgers has had Beaton in his back pocket since the game at Tynecastle when he was on VAR & got iowata correctly sent off. And Walsh shat it to send off Alistair Johnston at the new year OF game for persistent fouling after he was already on a yellow. Don’t forget the last time a Celtic player was sent off at parkhead in a OF game the referee got his windows smashed…🤬

The game is corrupt & there for all to see.

Does anyone know if the club have asked for VAR audio for the disallowed goal last Saturday?  If not why not?

Im told the VaR refs did not direct walsh to the monitor. If not why did he go to the monitor?

The 2 TV broadcasters covering the game can hear communications between the officials I understand. 

We have to let go this obsession with referees what we should be concentrating on is putting together eleven footballers with heart and skill to win matches by a margin that won’t matter if a referee gets it wrong .

This referee stuff is becoming a standard excuse for failure on our teams part .

18 minutes ago, compo said:

We have to let go this obsession with referees what we should be concentrating on is putting together eleven footballers with heart and skill to win matches by a margin that won’t matter if a referee gets it wrong .

This referee stuff is becoming a standard excuse for failure on our teams part .

We have been badly let down by referees this season, particularly in the OF games.

I call it cheating, you might not. Unless the club call it out then it will continue. 

One thing that shocked me last Saturday was McGregor being yellow carded in the first half.  I mean, he fully deserved it but it never seems to happen, usually.

I think it impacted his subsequent usefulness (to them) on the match.  

Sterling and Diamonde have their measure more than the likes of Tav and Goldson, which is promising.  Gerrard knew to teach our players to hate them and it worked.

Who could possibly take issue with hating paedo harbouring, terrorist loving, filthy scum?  

9 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

One thing that shocked me last Saturday was McGregor being yellow carded in the first half.  I mean, he fully deserved it but it never seems to happen, usually.

I think it impacted his subsequent usefulness (to them) on the match.  

Sterling and Diamonde have their measure more than the likes of Tav and Goldson, which is promising.  Gerrard knew to teach our players to hate them and it worked.

Who could possibly take issue with hating paedo harbouring, terrorist loving, filthy scum?  

Every time we played them under SG I felt we might beat them. Every game playing them this season you felt we might lose!