Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

So Raskin was being fouled and fouling Hart simultaneously. 

Goalies always get protected more than outfield players.

Raskin shouldn't have given the VAR team such an easy decision to make. 

The question to ask yourself is if it was up the other end, would the outcome have been the same? The answer off course is no. 

Edited by CammyF

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

The question to ask yourself is if it was up the other end, would the outcome have been the same? The answer off course is no. 

F*ck knows.  Back on course, there were certainly some poor decisions today but I don't think VAR chopping the goal off was one of them.  

The two involving Sterling (him not getting the free kick and the booking) were both shocking decisions.  

16 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I would agree with most, but we should go 3-4-3 or the like most of the time. Or have two dedicated striker in every game, plus to winger-like players (which should not be fullbacks in disguise). Cantwell is THE creative spark that we have, plays the unexpected pass, lops a ball into the danger area etc.. I can easily forgive him most of his faults, he simply should be given a free role in front of Raskin and Diomande, who worked well. It is sort of bizarre that these two and Davies and Balogun/King looked safer at times than our regulars. The thing with those four is, that they "think" much more forward than most others we have in there, who have become far too comfortable with the square, side, or back pass, instead of grabbing the ball and use the open field in front of them to run at the opponent too.

I still go by what I said back in January: the core of a team is there, they have the quality to get us to trophies. Since then, though, we lost most of our summer and winter signings and loans, i.e. most of those people who would have turned the tide - and for very long spells. To think that much of the season essentially hinged on a couple of low-key games we threw away, plus a handful of ridiculous VAR- and refereeing decisions, tells us that the solution is not that far away. History cannot be changed, though I hope that Karma will finally deal with them next season.

Don't know if he is carrying an injury but if not, Cantwell simply isn't good enough. Too easily brushed off the ball and a bit of a chocolate hardman.

We badly need an upgrade 

Ach well it’s time for another rebuild there will be lots of players getting released from teams in England we might pick up a bargain or two .

25 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

F*ck knows.  Back on course, there were certainly some poor decisions today but I don't think VAR chopping the goal off was one of them.  

The two involving Sterling (him not getting the free kick and the booking) were both shocking decisions.  

If you watch the incident back, Balogun and Raskin are both being "fouled" before Raskin "fouls" Hart. 

As I initially said, it's either a goal or penalty to Rangers, yet Walsh somehow gives a free-kick to Celtic.

Let's remember VAR is only meant to intervene when there is a clear and obvious error. Yet, it's somehow managed to disallow Rangers goals in 3 OF games this season. 

It has yet to give a decision against Celtic in an OF game. 

That's some coincidence.

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

If you watch the incident back, Balogun and Raskin are both being "fouled" before Raskin "fouls" Hart. 

There are always mini fouls at set pieces.  Goalies are over-protected and that's the case globally and has been for years.

We need to pick our fights carefully, otherwise we just get accused of paranoia.

Fair enough.

VAR and the over-focus on referees are just another couple of reasons why football is less enjoyable than it was in the past. 

12 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Don't care who accuses what, that decision was reeking.

Exactly and other why they get these decisions and we don't

Time to fight fire with fire - the evidence is there and its time to call them out. 

Board are as week as p1ss though so it won't happen anytime soon