If there are options, I have no idea why anyone would listen to Liam McLeod commentating on anything.  The pitch he talks at is quite painful to listen to - sounds like a dying puppy.

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

A hard one to take.  Overall it was quite an even game but we were on top when they scored.

In all honesty though, we never really looked like scoring and lacked conviction up front.  

I hope Cantwell and Silva were tired, otherwise swapping them for Wright and Matondo were both odd moves.  

I'm glad the season is over.  Hopefully Scotland give us a few laughs over the Summer and we can clear out a large number of this squad of perennial losers.  

Yeah, it was an even game, however, they were far from being at their best, and we still lost. Clement did the best he could - selection and tactics were fine, we just don't have the quality. 

I won't call out the refereeing, which was as bad as it's ever been, because we are the masters of our own downfall as usual. 

As I said before, Clement has some big decisions to make this summer, the core need to go along with the mistakes that Beale signed. If we don't rebuild - properly, with some capable talent, it won't be long before the fans turn on the manager or the board, or both. 

As for Scotland, they will provide a few laughs for sure. Expect them to lose all 3 group games. 

Over and out. 

27 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I haven't understood why he's been frozen out. He's at least a natural centre mid and we could have done with him several times in recent months. 

I agree, but he hasn't played that well when he has been given a chance. 

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

I agree, but he hasn't played that well when he has been given a chance. 

He was decent. I thought we gave as good as we got in the middle. Dio was my MOTM. I like the fact that he was getting "involved" with much of the agro today. 

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

If there are options, I have no idea why anyone would listen to Liam McLeod commentating on anything.  The pitch he talks at is quite painful to listen to - sounds like a dying puppy.

Couldn't listen to Michael Stewart again.

Posted (edited)

They came down to our level and then actually got worse. Frustrating, because the game was there for the taking.

We huffed and puffed, better than I thought we would but absolutely no quality or composure in the final third.

Glad this season is done 

Edited by buster.

This is a 2/3 season job under Clement.

Invest in the first XI and squad and target the UCL quali - it will help fund the next few windows for this rebuild if successful.

The manager got it right today imo - the players just have an inferiority complex v Celtic.

Looking forward to what he can do next season. If he sorts out the injury issues and gets half a dozen successful Signings in then we'll do okay.

That's me coping though haha.

Motm Dio for me, Tav looks done physically in these games though..and if he's no use in loose play in the OF then why hold onto him?