Christian Dailly Signed

just like weir, getting past it now but one the main reasons we got back on track again was down to smith and weir IMO.........

Weir is now making mistakes. Age is finally catching up with him. What's the chances of WS dropping him? Zeeeeeeeeeeero!

Nothing against Weir, he was fantastic for a year but his performances are going downhill.

you can't say he is shite ffs, i don't think he's great but a good professional, he's won a few caps and played for some big clubs, that doesn't happen if you are shite IMO.

I don't think he's what we need saying that just saying he's not shite ;)

I can FFS.

The boy got a few caps in some very poor Scotland squads. He got a few more because Eck and WS wont play better young players if there's a coffin dodger about with experience.

IF a guy is "experienced" he gets picked. Doesn't matter that his "experience" is of playing very badly. Look at Gary Caldwell. very very poor footballer. But basically guaranteed to be in any Scotland squad because he has been in previous one's. It's a sad fact of national managers, particulalry Scottish ones. Look at Hutton, should've been in Scotland squads at least a couple of games earlier. But he had to play out of his skin for ages whilst inferior but experienced players continued to put in mediocre performances.

Also he has not played for a big club for a long time. As I said, has been. Perhaps looked good a number of years ago. But not for a long long long time. Having played for a big team in the past has f.a to do with now. Or shoudl we go back in for Ross, Capucho and Ostenstad?

Weir was NEVER going to manage to last the pace for whole season. A wee break for a game or 2 will see him ok and we'll still get good games from him. When S Smith is back we can have Papac at CH with Carlos. Papac hasnt really done a lot wrong this season at all.

I can FFS.

The boy got a few caps in some very poor Scotland squads. He got a few more because Eck and WS wont play better young players if there's a coffin dodger about with experience.

IF a guy is "experienced" he gets picked. Doesn't matter that his "experience" is of playing very badly. Look at Gary Caldwell. very very poor footballer. But basically guaranteed to be in any Scotland squad because he has been in previous one's. It's a sad fact of national managers, particulalry Scottish ones. Look at Hutton, should've been in Scotland squads at least a couple of games earlier. But he had to play out of his skin for ages whilst inferior but experienced players continued to put in mediocre performances.

Also he has not played for a big club for a long time. As I said, has been. Perhaps looked good a number of years ago. But not for a long long long time. Having played for a big team in the past has f.a to do with now. Or shoudl we go back in for Ross, Capucho and Ostenstad?

Here fuckin' here chief. I doff my hat to you!

I couldn't put it better myself. :thup:

I can FFS.

that's you opinion m8 fine, he has 66 caps or that and he didnt get all them in poor scotland squads did he??

I said I don't think he's for us but to call him shite was over the top IMO....

For me Dailly earned pretty much a high percentage of his caps, but admit the final good few was earned due to the management not giving others a try.

But 66 games is a lot and IMO was one of our better players in times. He played in that win at Wembley.

Here fuckin' here chief. I doff my hat to you!

I couldn't put it better myself. :thup:

:cheers:

It's not even particularly an age thing. I was pro-Weir signing, even considering his recent wobbles.

It's a quality thing. I just don't accept that buying an older player makes him better because he has experience. What use is experience if it is not complimented by a decent level of footballing ability.

My record in these things isn't too bad.

Said Weir would be a good signing.

Always been pro Hutton and said he would come good.

New McGregor would make a decent enough keeper (No Goram etc but then how many current player live up to the Hall of famer types). With many fans now beginning to agree and be happy with him.

As a couple of examples.

Dailly may come in play the odd game in the SPL and we may still win the league. But it will be in spite of him not becuase of him.

His would be a poor signing for a number of reasons. A backwards step. A short term loan for a player of poor quality and high wages, boosted by being an aged pro coming from down south. It will dishearten fringe players and youngsters and prevent their development. I do not see one single up side.

that's you opinion m8 fine, he has 66 caps or that and he didnt get all them in poor scotland squads did he??

I said I don't think he's for us but to call him shite was over the top IMO....

It's absolutely spot on atm.

Maybe not in the past when he got the bulk of his caps.

But you're going back at least 5/6 years to when Dailly could be considered anything approaching a footballer.

When did he last have a full season at a top team?

His would be a poor signing for a number of reasons. A backwards step. A short term loan for a player of poor quality and high wages, boosted by being an aged pro coming from down south. It will dishearten fringe players and youngsters and prevent their development. I do not see one single up side.

Its the high wages that I dont agree with here. We are giving him more than Hutton was on once he signed a new deal :sigh: