Birmingham bid for Rangers striker Boyd

Best thing you've said all day :D

But seriously, its nothing personal against Boyd as I dont know the guy. I do think his lifestyle needs changing by going what others say.

But I just dont think he is capable of being our first choice striker if we want to win the league unless was accommodate him right and have a better 10 players behind him.

People talk about Buffel being a luxury player, id say Boyd was like this coz we have to play a certain system round him. Id take the cash.

i just think it would be ludicrous to sell our top scorer and our most prolific striker we have, plain stupid IMO. his lifestyle should have nothing to do with it, can't he go out for a few pints if he wants? it's not as if he's a nutter like Joey Barton, never seen him on the front pages yet so it's not a problem to me, he needs a run in the team like everyone else.

the likes of buffel are the players who we should be getting rid off not boyd.

i just think it would be ludicrous to sell our top scorer and our most prolific striker we have, plain stupid IMO. his lifestyle should have nothing to do with it, can't he go out for a few pints if he wants? it's not as if he's a nutter like Joey Barton, never seen him on the front pages yet so it's not a problem to me, he needs a run in the team like everyone else.

the likes of buffel are the players who we should be getting rid off not boyd.

Agree 100%

That doesnt make sense. Your argument for Buffel is that he was played out of postion in a certain system. Boyd is scoring no matter wat system, starting or from the bench

Slightly different bud, Buffel was played out of postion regardless the formation. IMO the team doesnt have to move around for Buffel, he can play in a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1 (even better for him) - he just needs to be playing the attacking midfield and not right wing where he was played. Can you imagine Boyd as a left winger?

But with Boyd he just cant play as the 1 up front role and we are getting some success with this at the moment. To get the best out of Boyd we have to reshuffle.

I still say his goal scoring record isnt the most important thing - anyone can score for us as ling as we win - as Gav says 3 ogs will be enough. Once we are going for titles again then we can start to be fussy.

I give in Gribz. I just dont understand it, how anyone would be happy dropping a 20-30+ season goalscorer and then to make it worse think �£3m was far too much

Fair enough, its good to debate these sensibly though with nobody questioning anyones state of mind :)

Me and Gav would sell him, you and Johnny wouldnt, Juff sits on the fence - thats the way humans differ

:)

Fair enough, its good to debate these sensibly though with nobody questioning anyones state of mind :)

Me and Gav would sell him, you and Johnny wouldnt, Juff sits on the fence - thats the way humans differ

:)

I would sell him, purely because I think that is where, under Walter, we're going to get the best value for him.

Boyd has improved other areas of his game this season and has showed that, albeit in the 20 minute cameo appearances he's been getting. But a lot of our fans have chosen to ignore this and just continue the slagging of him.

He might be better off at another club tbh as there's a large section of fans who will never want him here.

I still don't buy the argument that we need to change our formation and tactics to get the most out of him. He can't play up front on his own, but not many strikers can successfully. I think in the SPL, which is our bread and butter, you could put any two of our strikers out, give them some time to gel and they'd score goals. Even more if we sorted out our creative problems.

I don't understand why Boyd has been held up by many to be all that is wrong with our club at the moment and over the last few seasons.