Eck resigns as Scotland Manager

Billy Davies - No thanks.

Possibly Dalglish/Souness combo? Or surely Martin "Bouncing Bigot" O'Neill will be favourite!

Actually think the Scotland job is more attractive than the England one TBH, so possibly Van Gaal or Capello.

I think this is an awful move for Eck - said in another thread that it is a poisoned chalice and stand by that.

Having said that it is his opportunity to manage in the EPL - I just don't think he will get the backing down there to make them a mid-table team.

Bruce left and said they had reneged on certain promises too, makes you wonder about the integrity of people that Eck will be working for.

Good luck to him though, I am just saddened he is leaving the Scotland post as he did a very good job for us.

Birmingham get 3 million quid to release Bruce yet the SFA get 1 million for Eck.

I would have thought Eck's standing was higher than Bruce's. I think that is poor business by the SFA (unless they had no option)

I thought he'd leave, but Birmingham isn't exactly a prestigious place to go.

Leaving Scotland I can understand as he's too young for that job and clearly misses the day to day stuff. He can also leave with his head held high and be proud of what he did there largely speaking.

I guess at least Birmingham stayed faithful to Steve Bruce (although now there's rumblings from him) so maybe that was in his thinking that its the best of a possibly bad bunch. And at least he's not shying away from a challenge.

Whoever comes in to Scotland has got the makings of a good squad already, so maybe it is an ideal time & opportunity to get someone like Dalglish back in to the game.

Can't blame the guy. He'll get waaaaaaaaay more money with Birmingham.

I think Tommy Burns will be the next manager of Scotland. I hope to fuck it's not but I think ti will be.

I'd like it to be Gary MacAllister.

Hold on a minute. I'm watching SSN and according to them Birmingham approached the SFA which they rejected so the Eck resigned. I'm sorry but that stinks of disrespect.

When I think about it, WS did the same when the SFA rejected Rangers approach for him back in January.

It shows a total lack of respect and it's very disloyal to say thge least.

Contracts mean absolutely nothing these days!