One good thing....

The facts are we cannot compete with the likes of Barca,who are a tremendous side,other than deploying the tactics that WS went with,LYON !!!,

I was happy that we put up a good performance and never got a real doing,not only do Barca rip teams up going at them,but they work so hard to defend as well with two or three men surrounding any player whos has the ball,IMO we got outclassed tonight with pure quality.

We can't throw caution to the wind but we really have to be more positive as we have been in the group so far. Stuttgart were better than us for a while at Ibrox and i think they will see us as their best chance to beat the duck.

We can't throw caution to the wind but we really have to be more positive as we have been in the group so far. Stuttgart were better than us for a while at Ibrox and i think they will see us as their best chance to beat the duck.

And was that not the case when the draw was made ?,don't know about you but when the draw was made I thought we'd be lucky to finnish 3rd,that's our first defeat in seven european games this season inclluding a draw against the mighty Barca at Ibrox

And was that not the case when the draw was made ?,don't know about you but when the draw was made I thought we'd be lucky to finnish 3rd,that's our first defeat in seven european games this season inclluding a draw against the mighty Barca at Ibrox

Agree Ian and maybe that is my gripe that UEFA have made a tournement that makes rich clubs richer and earning money is more important than the game of football itself. Just annoy's me.

Agree Ian and maybe that is my gripe that UEFA have made a tournement that makes rich clubs richer and earning money is more important than the game of football itself. Just annoy's me.

I understand your frustration mate,but qualifying for the knockout stages is as far as we are ever going to get,untill this changes,as you said we are not playing on a level playing ground :cheers:

Barcelona have not qualified mate. They still need a point. They will get 3 in the next one and then will play a weakened team against Stuttgart. We need to bury Stuttgart with a win and then we are through.... Stuttgart cannot qualify for Euro football now so hopefully they will have there heads down for us going there...

Fair point Wija and that actually makes it a very interesting couple of games in the next round of games.

If Barca play for, and get a point, then we are level on points with Lyon which leaves us simply needing to avoid defeat against them at Ibrox, which I think might not be a great end result for us - I could see us playing defensively to avoid defeat and losing to a Juninho free-kick.

I think, given that we know that the last game with Lyon gives us another chance of qualification, we should be looking to take 3 points off Stuttgart as it makes the road much easier (unless of course Lyon actually beat Barca).

The next round of games will be interesting - and would have been more so had Hitzlsperger not missed that penalty tonight !

We're still in a great position,better than expected IMO,althought I don't want to go into the last game against Lyon needing to win,or draw come to think of it,but at the end of the day we are still in there with a great chance of progressing

We're still in a great position,better than expected IMO,althought I don't want to go into the last game against Lyon needing to win,or draw come to think of it,but at the end of the day we are still in there with a great chance of progressing

The old commentators curse comes to mind in these games. "Rangers are only 90 minutes away from quallifying for the knockout stages"

"Rangers are only 45 minutes away from quallifying for the knockout stages"

I hate these remarks they are mostly the curse of death.

The old commentators curse comes to mind in these games. "Rangers are only 90 minutes away from quallifying for the knockout stages"

"Rangers are only 45 minutes away from quallifying for the knockout stages"

I hate these remarks they are mostly the curse of death.

Aye, I know :cheers: