8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I enjoyed watching them make an arse of it tonight.  Not sure what was funnier, them or England (I was switching between both matches).

🤣

Can't for the life of me understand Rangers fans wanting Scotland to fail. Do Rangers play in England? John Greig and George Young would tell you where to go. 

11 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Do Rangers play in England?

What part of my 'laughing at England' comment did you not understand?

The Scotland team and support is full of F*nian [snip].  I hope they get scudded all over the shop in Germany.  

I'm supporting Serbia. 

26 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

John Greig and George Young would tell you where to go. 

That was then, asil, this is now.

I wonder what Richard Gough or David Robertson think.

If this is going to be the standard of football at the European championships then i might give it a miss even England were bad last night as well 

11 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

What part of my 'laughing at England' comment did you not understand?

The Scotland team and support is full of F*nian [snip].  I hope they get scudded all over the shop in Germany.  

I'm supporting Serbia. 

That sort of bigotry is what got us a bad name in the past. I'm from a Rangers-supporting family but one of my uncles married a catholic so the kids grew up Keltic supporters. They are not F***** scum.

6 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

one of my uncles married a catholic so the kids grew up Keltic supporters. They are not F***** scum.

You seem to have fallen into their trap, asil.

A F*nian is not a Catholic or a Celtc supporter.  A F*nian is someone who wants a united Ireland.

The Scotland support is full of these nationalist types (Scottish and Irish nationalists share a common enemy and are much of a muchness).  

4 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

You seem to have fallen into their trap, asil.

A F*nian is not a Catholic or a Celtc supporter.  A F*nian is someone who wants a united Ireland.

The Scotland support is full of these nationalist types (Scottish and Irish nationalists share a common enemy and are much of a muchness).  

I get your opposition to nationalism, I really do. But '******' is a nineteenth century term, outdated. You can be a proud Scot while still remaining in the Union. I used to hate the English for hijacking the union flag and calling England an 'island.' But now thankfully most English use the term UK.

A united Ireland may come about through demographic changes whatever you or I may think.

I've been on the tartan army forums and there are some bigots for sure, but you can over-generalise to be sure.

On 07/06/2024 at 21:55, alexscottislegend said:

John Greig

Went to see Scotland in his days,never forget being there for his goal V Italy,but now couldn,t care less about the green team and it's followers.

BTW that Italy game was only game of football that my father went to with me.

• 2 weeks later...