[FT] Rangers 4 (Lammers 10'; Danilo 78'; Sima 84'; Dowell 90') - 0 Livingston

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

If selecting your best central defensive partnership is as easy as this to get right, how come it’s taken us so long. Souttar is clearly more comfortable on the right and Balogun put in the best display by a Rangers CB I’ve seen in ages. 

Many positives today. 

Well done Rabbi Tamundo. 

Aye I've said Goldson getting the RCB berth shouldn't be clear cut and to be honest, I'd put Souttar there. If we have to move to a 5 at the back then so be it.

If not then Goldson better start working on his weak foot in training because I can't remember the last time he put in a block on a cross like Souttar did today - game changing defending.

Four nil to The Famous is fine result and I would take it every week until fifty six and beyond. That said I think we can be even better. The Souttar, Balogun pairing given time could be great imo. But we will never know as Goldson like Tav seems undroppable for reasons I do not understand. Wee Rabbi gave a fine account of himself too and Cantwell had another great game. I would still make room for Hagi too.

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Balogun was fine today - suppose makes a change from Tav and or Borna getting it. 

Tav was towing and has been for a good year and a half. He'll get goals/Assists but his legs have gone going back the way I think.

Happy with today and the performance, but there's a car crash in the future with our current fullbacks. They can't move.

8 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Tav was towing and has been for a good year and a half. He'll get goals/Assists but his legs have gone going back the way I think.

Happy with today and the performance, but there's a car crash in the future with our current fullbacks. They can't move.

Maybe so, but both had decent games today and both played well offensively and defensively. 

Also, Souttar and Balogun looked comfortable and both can bring the ball forward effectively.

If anyone was "short" today it was Raskin - not his usual self. 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm hesitant to praise the defence too much as Livington didn't offer much going forward. 

Which was mostly done to how well both Balogun and Soutter handled to two lumps that Livi had up front.

I almost think some fans are not happy unless we play the perfect game, IN EVERY GAME. We are a work in progress but 5 new players scored our last 5 goals. Some of the reaction at the start of this season has utterly ridiculous IMO. And some of the reactions today towards Dessers today were bewildering to say the least. Let's give the guy a chance FFS.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

Comprehensive 4-0 win in the end but until we got the second 12 minutes from time we were always vulnerable. 
I still don’t like the look of Dessers up front. He wasn’t involved enough today & could have been subbed long before he was taken off. 
The two big pluses for me today were Ciffuentes and Souttar who has become immense for Rangers