Scotland going up the rankings.

So, Scotland are fast closing the gap between us and England... my question is this. If we do eventually go above them in the world rankings would our clubs get more interest from the likes of sky and the beeb and so on, thus providing the SPL with more cash? I think it stands to reason that if we are better than England we should get a bigger slice of the pie, then that would make the SPL a stronger league.

Any thoughts?

I wouldn't say so. I think the English are going through a bad spell at the moment with a manager who's not up to the job. Whereas Scotland on the other hand are at their best in years.

If you look at the premiership also a lot of their big stars aren't english so the national team under performing wouldn't have that great and effect on players like ronaldo or drogba.

Also who down south wants to watch Gretna. I don't even want to watch them.

Oh yeah, it's not initially the interest from TV companies we need, it's interests from potential subscribers which makes the likes of Sky take notice.

We need Scots in their droves to cancel their Sky Sports subcriptions and take out new Setanta deals.

So, Scotland are fast closing the gap between us and England... my question is this. If we do eventually go above them in the world rankings would our clubs get more interest from the likes of sky and the beeb and so on, thus providing the SPL with more cash? I think it stands to reason that if we are better than England we should get a bigger slice of the pie, then that would make the SPL a stronger league.

Any thoughts?

Id like to see the TV companies give the Scots, Welsh and Irish a bit more respect during broadcasting as there services go out to all 4 nations.

But the Premiership is still decades ahead of the SPL. Can anyone see there being big interest down south or even in Scotland for Gretna's clash with Inverness today? If there is 2000 at that game they will be lucky. And I know id rather be watching Spurs v Blackburn than Gretna v Caley.