[Official] Zeb Jacobs Appointed New Academy Director

Just been reading up on the new director of academy Zeb Jacobs who will hopefully usher in a prosperous era in that department for the club, because I still believe it has huge untapped potential and I suspect so does the club.

If we could just get the B team into the Scottish leagues I think we'd motor along and I do believe we will and it will be a big remit for Jacobs, as will be producing first team/squad players and/or players to be traded which is still a key part of a successful academy.

On a side note, I've got the feeling that the club is really starting to make action on the 'One Club' ethos, with Beale now looking like Bennett and Bisgroves choice and Jacobs being sought after and brought into the club due in no small part to Beale. A DoF who satisfies the manager and board and I think we'll be in a good place above the pitch, I'm pleased with the communication coming out of the club since the clear out.

Anyways, I'll post the link to the article of his announcement below - feel free to say what you think on Zeb coming in, the future of the B team and it's potential or the alignment of the club since the clearout.

Cheers.

https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/rangers-announce-zeb-jacobs-as-academy-director/2OVxRYBjgQm3ABnPh6BYjq

Edited by yuddie

• yuddie changed the title to New Director of Academy/Alignment of Club

I thought Jacobs was the obvious choice, given that it was a bit of a coup that we got him in the first place last year (two years ago?). I wasn't sure why he wasn't automatically promoted, but it makes sense to go through the correct process. 

I believe he's highly regarded, so I'm excited to see what he can do. 

We just need a DoF next. 

(Jordi Cruyff is still free... 👀 )

• Rousseau changed the title to Zeb Jacobs Appointed New Academy Director
  • Rousseau changed the title to [Official] Zeb Jacobs Appointed New Academy Director
27 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Just been reading up on the new director of academy Zeb Jacobs who will hopefully usher in a prosperous era in that department for the club, because I still believe it has huge untapped potential and I suspect so does the club.

If we could just get the B team into the Scottish leagues I think we'd motor along and I do believe we will and it will be a big remit for Jacobs, as will be producing first team/squad players and/or players to be traded which is still a key part of a successful academy.

On a side note, I've got the feeling that the club is really starting to make action on the 'One Club' ethos, with Beale now looking like Bennett and Bisgroves choice and Jacobs being sought after and brought into the club due in no small part to Beale. A DoF who satisfies the manager and board and I think we'll be in a good place above the pitch, I'm pleased with the communication coming out of the club since the clear out.

Anyways, I'll post the link to the article of his announcement below - feel free to say what you think on Zeb coming in, the future of the B team and it's potential or the alignment of the club since the clearout.

Cheers.

https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/rangers-announce-zeb-jacobs-as-academy-director/2OVxRYBjgQm3ABnPh6BYjq

A couple of things with the above mate :

1.  The B team WAS in the Scottish leagues - they were in the Lowland league which is the 5th tier of Scottish football.  

2.  Beale had nothing to do with Jacobs coming into the club - Jacobs was appointed in January 2022 which is when Gio was manager - Gerrard, Beale et al had all left in October 2021

1 minute ago, craig said:

A couple of things with the above mate :

1.  The B team WAS in the Scottish leagues - they were in the Lowland league which is the 5th tier of Scottish football.  

2.  Beale had nothing to do with Jacobs coming into the club - Jacobs was appointed in January 2022 which is when Gio was manager - Gerrard, Beale et al had all left in October 2021

Aye apologies, I meant the SPFL rather than the lowland league.

Also, just to quote the article:

'Belgian Jacobs was initially recruited to Rangers in 2021 to become Head of Academy Coaching, with current manager Michael Beale, then first-team coach, involved in attracting Zeb to Rangers.'

7 minutes ago, craig said:

4 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Also, just to quote the article:

'Belgian Jacobs was initially recruited to Rangers in 2021 to become Head of Academy Coaching, with current manager Michael Beale, then first-team coach, involved in attracting Zeb to Rangers.'

gandalf-lord-of-the-rings.gif

So, Jacobs is promoted from 'Head of Academy Coaching' to 'Academy Director'.

No gripe from me. 

I thought for a minute that we had bagged him, and paid off his contract, when we ditched the Dutch, and that we had re-hired him, now. 

I might have had a gripe with that.