They haven't kept a clean sheet in an away game in any tournament for 30 games, going back more than a year.

More than 3 years I think, cos Chesney used that as a defense to say it wasn't his record....

It's 30+ away games. Great record to have :D

Didn't watch the game tonight but glad when I heard Benfica had scored. Made it all the sweeter that it was 3 minutes from FT.

Caught Chesneys post-match interview and he said that the Celtic mascot had to get his boots taped up because the make of boots the mascot was wearing weren't the same as the official sponsor of the CL and this affected the Celtic players. What a scorcher of an excuse!!! :flipa:

Champions League yer havin a laugh!

After the last round of games when we compared our result against Lyon to their result against Milan.... do you think we should compare results this time around.

Who do we all think had the better result in the CL this week - Rangers or Celtic ? :fish: hahahahaha

GIRFUY Celtic !!

Did Boruc shake the Benfica players hands?? :fish:

If they get the odd result in europe it doesnt bother me at times as its better for Scotland but Im glad they lost last night. Im hoping they finish 3rd to go into the UEFA so they cant fully concentrate on the league.

Well Benfica certainly deserved to win the game.

But Celtic got a taste of their own medicine by losing a late goal

Champions League Your Having A Laugh

Ohhh lets wind up the tims today

Fuck you Celtic You'll Nevere Win Away :D

It's got to be said that Celtic were outplayed overall last night. It was a bit like watching Rangers v Barcelona except on a much lower skill level for both teams.

Celtic had more opportunities to score than Rangers but Benfica had far more than Barcelona and could consider themselves unlucky not to have had a few.

I was disappointed with Celtic as I like Scottish teams to do well and especially so when Rangers are doing the best.

They seem to have lost something in the last few games as they were almost outplayed and lucky against Gretna, played off the pitch by Rangers and then dominated by Benfica.

That's good for us in the league but takes some of the shine off the current Scottish feel good factor.

Maybe Aberdeen can top it back up again.

I think the factor that is being exposed is Celtic's lack of strength in depth. I've been saying since the transfer window closed that we are much better in that department but most of the press has had the opposite view.

Miller may not have been the best striker around but Killen and McDonald look to be a downward step when a "blue chip" quality forward was desperately required to replace the Scotland player and possibly bring the best out of JVOH. The antipodeans were good squad acquisitions for the SPL long haul but not quite the ammo you would expect for a robust Champions League challenge.

Celtic fans laughed at our signing of Darcheville and Cousin, and even Rangers fans were dubious about the latter given the Gabon international's recent track record before flitting to Scotland.

However, Walter has shown he can spot a player, with both strikers looking like excellent additions to what is now looking like a pretty strong portfolio of forwards to choose from; so strong that the SPL's top scorer for two seasons isn't getting a look in for the CL.

Another irony is that, after Celtic fans condemning Walter's European tactics despite their obvious success, Strachan has copied them - but like that antiquity, the VCR, his facsimile is of far poorer quality. He just hasn't brought in the correct type of players to suit the system and a sudden big change in tactics surely disrupts the squad?

The surprising and excellent three points against Milan now look very important to keep Celtic in the hunt for their now slim chance of qualifying – and at least for the UEFA spot. We have to hope they at least get the latter to allow them to help the Scottish coefficient as well as Scotland’s reputation in Europe.

When Scotland and both the Old Firm are doing well, it causes the rest of Europe to take notice and give us more respect – this was evidenced by Barcelona readily accepting the draw at Ibrox. I think that was heavily affected by recent results by Scotland against France and Ukraine, Celtic’s late win against Milan and of course Rangers great 6 game unbeaten run in the CL this season - all using similar tactics to Tuesday night. They knew what damage a Scottish team could do to them, despite dominating possession: and so decided not to risk it. I’m sure Cousin’s late chance also gave them a stiff reminder.

That kind of respect could earn us a few more draws against higher quality sides.