[FT] Rangers 3 (Cantwell 5'; Souttar 34'; Sakala 70') - 0 Celtic

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

They may have done FA and its arguable so did ours. The simple fact is their squad has better quality in it than ours - that's something we all agreed on prior to the game and remains true after the game. 

Our subs didn't need to do anything dramatic apart from maintain our shape. 

I also don't get the point of stating the obvious about squads. They've deservedly won the league. What it may suggest is that their squad is not as strong as they and others would like us to believe. 

MB did a number on Ange yesterday. Enjoy it. 

8 hours ago, Malangsob said:

I thought the Puma, and Hummel jerseys were way shittier. Although, I am definitely not a fan of the 'winged crotch' (once you see it...) logo that they put huge on everything...huge.

image.png.b5e7e33e455ef69bbe830fb39ba7a478.png

Fear the bulge!

I purchased a collared shirt.

The Mrs--"You look like Euro trash." 

Yeap. Sure did. 

image.png.624a14d530a66d46b292990ec8f0bc62.png

Oh shit, It does look like Budgie smugglers with wings 😆

17 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Our subs didn't need to do anything dramatic apart from maintain our shape. 

I also don't get the point of stating the obvious about squads. They've deservedly won the league. What it may suggest is that their squad is not as strong as they and others would like us to believe. 

MB did a number on Ange yesterday. Enjoy it. 

It might not be as strong as they think, but it's stronger than ours, way stronger. 

I did enjoy yesterday but one swallow doesn't a summer make, especially when it's a "meaningless" game. 

We need quality signings in the summer as they will improve their squad and will not have CL qualifiers to negotiate early in the season. 

Typically at Rangers, at the start of next season MB will be one defeat away from a crisis and calls for his head. Heck some want him gone now. 

15 minutes ago, CammyF said:

It might not be as strong as they think, but it's stronger than ours, way stronger. 

I did enjoy yesterday but one swallow doesn't a summer make, especially when it's a "meaningless" game. 

We need quality signings in the summer as they will improve their squad and will not have CL qualifiers to negotiate early in the season. 

Typically at Rangers, at the start of next season MB will be one defeat away from a crisis and calls for his head. Heck some want him gone now. 

How do we know they will improve? Most of their fringe players looked bang average yesterday and most were Ange signings. Its not a given that they will improve on what they have got. 

13 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

How do we know they will improve? Most of their fringe players looked bang average yesterday and most were Ange signings. Its not a given that they will improve on what they have got. 

Because they have improved their squad every window since 55, they have automatic access to CL money and will sell a player or two for an over inflated price and purchase replacements. Its what they do and have done for years with one exception and they have learned from that mistake. 

39 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Because they have improved their squad every window since 55, they have automatic access to CL money and will sell a player or two for an over inflated price and purchase replacements. Its what they do and have done for years with one exception and they have learned from that mistake. 

C o n t r a r i a n.

eric-cantona.gif.9945b52c4da04eab157fcfaa856fdad3.gif

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

I get that but they had to improve their squad after 55 so there was no great surprise they have moved forward. There is still no no guarantee that any new players coming in will suddenly improve them from the positionthey are in now. The same applies to us obviously. 

45 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I get that but they had to improve their squad after 55 so there was no great surprise they have moved forward. There is still no no guarantee that any new players coming in will suddenly improve them from the positionthey are in now. The same applies to us obviously. 

We can hope that their new signings DOESN'T improve them but must plan for the opposite 

Edited by CammyF

As far as I can see, the fat okker should sign players to provide him with a Plan B, which he doesn't seem to have.

I suspect, however, that he will double down on his one system and game plan, because it is successful against jobbers in Scotland and shit- the-bed managers like, oh, say, McInnes. 

This, if I am right, is a Good Thing.

Yesterday looked like we had had well-spent time on the training field, for a change, and we carried no passengers, ditto.  

New signings to have a bit of speed, please, and attitude, along with decent skill level, and tactical awareness.