ohhh Barry Barry.....

Correct me if i am wrong but we beat Aberdeen 2-1 away last season . Got beat on the final game of the season which never meant anything.

We went to Easter Road last season, got beat 2-1 away, a part of the season when we were so bad. Losing of Celtic, St Johnstone, fans outside the stadium protesting etc.

We beat them 2-0 as well i think

Also had a cracking game which was 3-3

So basically what you are saying if we win Ferguson had a great game. But if we lose Ferguson is at fault. What about the other 10 players on the park

I'm not saying that. Like you said it's a team game but the influence and performance of Fergie does affect the team. Fergie can play well and we can still get pumped, Fergie can play poorly and we win. It's swings and roundabouts.

We beat Lyon 3-0 and I wouldn't say Fergie was our best player, I wouldn't even say he was in the top 3 best performers for Rangers that night. I think the crossbar and the goalpost played better than him! :D

I'm not saying that. Like you said it's a team game but the influence and performance of Fergie does affect the team. Fergie can play well and we can still get pumped, Fergie can play poorly and we win. It's swings and roundabouts.

We beat Lyon 3-0 and I wouldn't say Fergie was our best player, I wouldn't even say he was in the top 3 best performers for Rangers that night. I think the crossbar and the goalpost played better than him! :D

ferguson never had a good first half that night, but his second half performance was great, he ran the midfield. Only things Juninho done that night was shoot.

:flipa: I'll give you that one right enough. Just wondered if he was injured or what. I fully expected him to start the game. Big Cousin did well though.

He was fully fit, just dropped. I was listenning to radio scotland over the internet before the game and Chick Young said he had a face like thunder, then he ask Coisty about it and Ally said it was just one of those things / times where they had to leave him out but he should learn from it as Coisty had that happen to him many a time.

But I seriously doubt if we would have played so well had Boyd played, he would have offered a total different game to Novo and Cousin.

As said many a time - Boyd is ok for SPL matches against the Falkirks etc aslong as he is in a 2 man front line but come big games he shouldnt even make the bench - as saturday proved.

We need him to find a happy medium though. How he can go from playing brilliant to playing shit and vice versa in a week is hard to understand.

i think its no suprise barry shines in the backstothewall games. i think our defensiveish 451 really suits him, but he's never going to be an attacking midfielder.

i think the formation'll need to be sorted.

but he's never going to be an attacking midfielder.

Although that was the first time ive really been over impressed with his attacking play in a game for a long time. He got forward a number of times with runs with and without the ball. His solo at the age of the box where he smiled afterwards and got the free kick was class.

What's Juninho got to do with anything? :confused:

Just showing you that FErguson did have a good game, done his job well. Not the best performance of the night but he did have a good game

If you dont think he had a good game when we get our best european away result your having a laugh

Just showing you that FErguson did have a good game, done his job well. Not the best performance of the night but he did have a good game

If you dont think he had a good game when we get our best european away result your having a laugh

I think he played well but definately wasn't our best player on the night.

The TimesOctober 23, 2007

Frank Rijkaard glowing in acclaim for opposition leaderPhil Gordon

Frank Rijkaard and Walter Smith exchanged compliments yesterday about their respective playmakers but the Barcelona manager’s endorsement of Barry Ferguson was so glowing, that if the Rangers captain lives up to his potential tonight, he might be playing alongside Andres Iniesta in the Nou Camp next season.

The coach of the Spanish team admitted before the Champions League encounter between the sides at Ibrox that he was wary to nominate a player from the opposition, because it always “leads to stories that Barcelona is interested”. However, with Ferguson, he could not help himself.

The 29-year-old Scotland midfield player was described as “the spirit of the Rangers team” by Rijkaard and the back-to-back fixtures with Barcelona in group E represent an excellent shop window. “I do not like to speak about just one player in particular, but I have to say I like Barry Ferguson,” Rijkaard said. “He is one of their key players. He has been at the club a long time and represents the spirit and mentality of the team.

“He is a good team player but also a very technical footballer. He makes decisions and reads the game very well. Rangers have a lot of important players but sometimes it is necessary to have someone that draws the attention of everyone else, and that is Ferguson.” Rijkaard, of course, is usually spoilt for choice when it comes to just about every position. However, the absence of Deco and Yaya TourÃ?© through injury has impacted upon Rijkaard’s options in midfield, so much so that he may restore Eidur Gudjohnsen to the team and asked the former Chelsea striker to help out Iniesta and Xavi in the the centre of the pitch.

Related Links

Smith: Rangers will not suffer from fear

Smith revels in newfound status

Ironically, just a few hours earlier, Smith had also held a press conference inside Ibrox, when he specifically picked out Iniesta as an unsung hero in terms of the global coverage of Barcelona, which is infatuated with the galacticos, such as Thierry Henry, Lionel Messi or Ronaldinho. “Xavi and Iniesta are very good players and get overlooked,” he said.

Iniesta has the same feel for Barcelona that Ferguson has for Rangers. It is home. The player who was given his debut by Louis van Gaal at the age of 18 was linked during the summer with a �£40 million move to Real Madrid, but says that he wants to remain at the Nou Camp until he retires.

However, Iniesta expects a fierce contest in midfield tonight. “Rangers are a strong team and I know they will fight us for every ball,” the 23-year-old Spain player said. “They have good forwards and two Spanish players [Carlos Cuellar and Nacho Novo] who will want to do well against a side from their own country.”