The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Lammers looks to be more of a pressing forward. This does have its uses. 

Screenshot2023-06-1010_07_55.thumb.png.751416b4d2d7bb33eb80ee5c7e1dcbb2.png

Those numbers say he's an attacking midfielder, not a striker

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

Those numbers say he's an attacking midfielder, not a striker

Those numbers are compared to other forwards. I suspect if he was compared to attacking midfielders he'd rank poorly.

He's also in a relegated team, so you wouldn't expect his goals and creativity to be high. 

31 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Added Sam Lammers. According to TM, he will be a freebie soon.

IN - Sam Lammers (26) - ST, Dutch, Empoli - contract 6/2023 - LINK - TM

I think that's the end of his loan from Atalanta mate.

8 minutes ago, yuddie said:

I think that's the end of his loan from Atalanta mate.

TM says that it is also the end of the Empoli deal.

Current club: UC Sampdoria

Contract expires: Jun 30, 2023

On loan from: FC Empoli

Contract there expires:Jun 30, 2023

Edited by der Berliner

19 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

TM says that it is also the end of the Empoli deal.

Current club: UC Sampdoria

Contract expires: Jun 30, 2023

On loan from: FC Empoli

Contract there expires:Jun 30, 2023

Aaahh I don't know then, haven't seen anything concrete that he'll be a free transfer. If he is then it does change the perspective on it rightly or wrongly.

47 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Those numbers are compared to other forwards. I suspect if he was compared to attacking midfielders he'd rank poorly.

He's also in a relegated team, so you wouldn't expect his goals and creativity to be high. 

All well and good but if you're going to present numbers as meaning anything then it doesn't help if they're only useful when you build a wall of caveats around them.

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

All well and good but if you're going to present numbers as meaning anything then it doesn't help if they're only useful when you build a wall of caveats around them.

Surely the numbers are more useful when comparing like-for-like rather than comparing players to all position? 

How would comparing a forward's defensive stats compare to a defender's? They'd be absolutely meaningless. 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Surely the numbers are more useful comparing like-for-like rather than comparing players to all position? 

Surely there's only fair comparison of like for like if, as you say, you take into account how his team is performing around him. I think the bottom line is that, while these figures are an interesting insight into previous performances at other clubs, they're next to worthless when assessing how a player can be expected to perform in a new team with different players, different tactics, different pressures and different personal circumstances.

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

Surely there's only fair comparison of like for like if, as you say, you take into account how his team is performing around him. I think the bottom line is that, while these figures are an interesting insight into previous performances at other clubs, they're next to worthless when assessing how a player can be expected to perform in a new team with different players, different tactics, different pressures and different personal circumstances.

You also like to move the goalposts, don't you?

They're individual stats, showing past performance. It gives you a flavour of what style of player he is. 

They can't predict the future, but you can generate estimates and probabilities from them. 

Nothing more, nothing less.