The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 minute ago, compo said:

you missed out the manager stick him on the out list another dud and i wont listen to any  tripe that he has had only one transfer window one to many in my opinion 

So what do you suggest? How do we rebuild? Who do we get in to replace Beale? Who do we sign to improve the squad? How can we get our youth development functioning correctly?

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

The clear implication is that Tav is part of our weakness and replacing him, particularly as captain is part of the solution. 

Do we replace him before replacing the other weaknesses in our team? Do we continue with the perma-injured players like Roofe, Jack, Helander etc and replace Tav?

We can't replace everyone at the same time, so some of these "failures" will be here short to medium term. 

If rather keep Tav than McGregor, McLaughlin, Wright, Kamara, Alfie, Jack, Roofe etc. 

11 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The scum team are nasty and cheat their way to victory, week in week out.  Tav never comes across as a cheat or nasty.  Rarely see him getting annoyed or committing dirty fouls.  Rarely see him running over when a teammate gets fouled.  

I reckon Tav will still be RB when the 2023/24 season kicks off, so it's a pointless conversation. 

I understand we are hurting because of our teams failings this year (coupled with our rivals success) but can you provide examples of Celtic cheating their way to victories week in week out? I derive no pleasure from saying this but they just seem like an organised, hard working team with more clinical players than us. 

Just now, CammyF said:

Do we replace him before replacing the other weaknesses in our team? Do we continue with the perma-injured players like Roofe, Jack, Helander etc and replace Tav?

We can't replace everyone at the same time, so some of these "failures" will be here short to medium term. 

If rather keep Tav than McGregor, McLaughlin, Wright, Kamara, Alfie, Jack, Roofe etc. 

You cannot simply ignore the fact that Tav is our long-standing captain and therefore has a disproportionate influence on the rest of the squad. As long as he remain in that capacity, the message to everyone else is “more of the same”.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

You cannot simply ignore the fact that Tav is our long-standing captain and therefore has a disproportionate influence on the rest of the squad. As long as he remain in that capacity, the message to everyone else is “more of the same”.

he couldn't inspire a drowning man into a lifeboat