The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Not sure Bill. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water and all that...

Keeping Tav as captain will be like dragging an anchor attached to past failures. You can’t change without changing. It’s time to move on. No one leaves as big a hole as you think they will.

Edited by Bill

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

Keeping Tav as captain will be like dragging an anchor attached to past failures. You can’t change without changing. It’s time to move on. No one leaves as big a hole as you think they will.

Is Tavs qualities as a captain that detrimental to what we achieve? His pros out weigh the cons for me. 

How many trebles have Celtc won whilst Tav has been around?  

I know that's a bit of a skewed perspective, given 2012 etc. but it's time to make significant changes to a squad that continually finish second best.

FFS wake up Tav has to go he is a complete disaster as a defender he's hopeless i dont hold with all this crap about the goals he's scored ask yourself how many trophies has he lifted no no no get him out .

Another left field transfer option...

Casper Tengstedt of Benfica. Centre forward. Danish. 22 years old. 

Scored 15 from 14 games for Rosenberg in Norway and then moved to Benfica for 7 million. Has not featured much this season. Could be a loan option?

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Another left field transfer option...

Casper Tengstedt of Benfica. Centre forward. Danish. 22 years old. 

Scored 15 from 14 games for Rosenberg in Norway and then moved to Benfica for 7 million. Has not featured much this season. Could be a loan option?

Was linked heavily with Celtic in January think they tried for him but couldn’t afford him.

I expect a few loans for us next season and before anyone complains 2/3 most important

players for the other mob last year we’re loans (Jota and Carter) and arguably our best player this year was a loan (Tillman).

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

How many trebles have Celtc won whilst Tav has been around?  

I know that's a bit of a skewed perspective, given 2012 etc. but it's time to make significant changes to a squad that continually finish second best.

Harsh

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Harshness is exactly what we need at Ibrox.  Loads of it.  

How can you blame Tav for Celtics dominance? Was our 9-in-a-row solely down to Butcher and Gough?

Only my opinion, we'll miss Tav when he has gone. I recently watched the highlights of our EL games last season and all our goals during 55 and was amazed in how many Tav was directly involved in.

He is no Sandy Jardine of Gary Stevens, but also he is no Jim Denny or Alex Clelland.