The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

15 hours ago, Frankie said:

I'd heard that may be the case with Kent as his contract had less favourable clauses but I don't know why the club wouldn't be up front about it if it was happening. IIRC, Morelos has already extended his contract a couple of times so doubt there are any clauses remaining.

Given recent performances it seems more likely that both are away.

Maybe open themselves up to Liverpool complaining about the way they were being swindled out of a clause? Can't see a legal route they would have, but you never know with modern day football contracts...

On 05/05/2023 at 15:45, RANGERRAB said:

Is there a chance maybe Kent & Morelos will sign new deals as free agents like Goldson did at the end of last season meaning sell on clauses for their previous clubs will be binned?

I think there's a chance we may do this with Kent, but wee Alfie is off hopefully.

8 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Will Robby McCrorrie finally get his chance & hopefully save us a few Bob on a new GK?

I hope so. He’s never let the team down.  There were opportunities this season, unfortunately not taken, to find out more about him. 

I’ve said it before, he keeps goal like a young Billy Ritchie. No giant, nothing flashy but he gets the ball. He’s played against celtic before. He should play again next week and that will inform more about his ability.

43 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Listening to the podcast last night and was interested to hear Chris Jack and the guys say they would be happy to keep Borna for his last year to see it out and let him go on a free. It’s as if we never learn. That didn’t work with Kent or Morelos. Even if we sold him for 1 million it’s 1 million towards a replacement we won’t have if he walks for free.

Borna is another one that peaked at 55 and it’s been rapidly downhill since.

I recall him having a mini lap of honour after we beat them 1-0 at Ibrox when Gerrard had Covid. It was as if he had a move lined up and was away. Yet nothing transpired.

Guys like Borna, Kamara, Lundstram need to be moved on. 

I think we’ll need to look at LB anyway if RY leaves. If he does leave then BB would be best to stay until we got another LB

9 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Will Robby McCrorrie finally get his chance & hopefully save us a few Bob on a new GK?

Interesting that he was given his chance ahead of McLaughlin. He's never let us down on his few appearances. If he doesn't get his chance now then clearly the manager thinks he will never be good enough.