[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic

Was Raskin not expecting Barisic to come for the ball in the box?  I don't think he was waiting for the referee to blow his whistle.

Or am I not understanding this 'play to the whistle' chat?

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Was Raskin not expecting Barisic to come for the ball in the box?  I don't think he was waiting for the referee to blow his whistle.

Yes, Raskin was waiting for them (was Barisic AND Lundstram) to come for the ball and they both stopped.

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I can't bring myself to watch it again but I thought at the time it was Barisic who should have attacked the ball. But even having stood around like spectators while Celtic crossed the ball, there's no way our goalkeeper and pretendy right back should have abandoned Jota to head the ball while smoking a cigar and juggling five Big Macs.

7 minutes ago, craig said:

Yes, Raskin was waiting for them (was Barisic AND Lundstram) to come for the ball and they both stopped.

Raskin was closest to the ball, why would he be waiting on someone else to come for the ball? 

Nb didn't mean to quote you @craig was just a general observation! 

Edited by CammyF

33 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Maybe a zonal thing?

Maybe, but I'm old fashioned. If the ball is there for you to win (he didn't even need to win it) and you're the closest to it, go get the ball! 

It was a catalogue of errors from us not reacting initially to not stopping the cross and then not defending the cross. 

A horrendous goal to lose but we've been losing those types of goals all to often. 

Edited by CammyF

Pedantry Surely not, I am not asking for metrics, iotas or evidence. Come to think to it you were asking for metrics, iotas or evidence. This brings me to the conclusion that you were being pedantic, got caught, then tried to name me as being so to deflect from yourself. 

No stepovers, no drop of the shoulder, just poor form.

Edited by Graeme Ro55

9 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Maybe, but I'm old fashioned. If the ball is there for you to win (he didn't even need to win it) and you're the closest to it, go get the ball! 

Yeah, I agree.  I was trying to figure out what the Hell Raskin was thinking and the zonal thing was the only explanation I could come up with.  

You just knew they were going to score as soon as it happened.  🤬

5 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I really don't know why everyone's arguing the point. 

They are better coached. 

They have better players. 

And they have had better recruitment. 

Better in all these areas yet relying on gifts from us to win.

:thinking: