[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Given that we have won nothing this year I'm sure many will say all of the youth team should be in the first team.

Share some names? And what have the Colts won this season? 

11 hours ago, CammyF said:

Share some names? And what have the Colts won this season? 

It wasn't blatantly obvious from my comment but I think that it is a silly idea.

It is the same silly idea that emerges whenever we don't win.

I'll obviously bow to the opinions of those more closely acquainted with the youth set-up, but, for me, there have been a number of good players produced over the years that we've just failed to use properly. 

55 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'll obviously bow to the opinions of those more closely acquainted with the youth set-up, but, for me, there have been a number of good players produced over the years that we've just failed to use properly. 

Even guys who were not good enough like Mo Ross, Bob Malcolm, Chris Burke etc have winners medals. 

Not everyone that comes though needs to be a Barry Ferguson or a McGregor. Some may be bit part players for a few seasons and that’s ok.

16 hours ago, CammyF said:

Raskin was closest to the ball, why would he be waiting on someone else to come for the ball? 

Exactly. It was Raskin's ball and the other players would expect him to go to it and pass to them. He just took a brain fart and did something that he'll never have previously done. 

15 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Given that we have won nothing this year I'm sure many will say all of the youth team should be in the first team.

Many are saying that but it could have long term effect on their development if they're thrown in too early. There's none that I've seen that are ready to start against Aberdeen and our support are particularly unforgiving at the moment so I'd fear for the effect on them if we were to lose.

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Yeah just the one 12 million pound player so far. 😂

When do you think we’ll get another 13 million pound player then? See any? 🤪

not exactly at the Ajax or Benfica level are we despite throwing who knows how much money at the youth academy?

and we’ve spent the Patterson money on NEH 🙃