Club1872 share purchase

10 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But the current board won't sell shares to Club1872 so I can't see what other option they have. 

How about not buying any more shares and disposing of their current shareholding, either to return it to the original donors or to raise money for the practical good of Rangers and its fans. Whatever they do, they should stop hoovering up other people's money on the silly pretence that they are the Grand Protectors of Rangers.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

How about not buying any more shares and disposing of their current shareholding, either to return it to the original donors or to raise money for the practical good of Rangers and its fans. Whatever they do, they should stop hoovering up other people's money on the silly pretence that they are the Grand Protectors of Rangers.

If the "club" were willing to deal, or even meet with them, then the money would go direct to the club. I can't see the issue with an organisation that was set up to buy shares buying shares. If they can get shares for 20p rather than 25p or 40p, then it makes sense to buy them.

They don't hoover up peoples money. People contribute freely (or have done previously), those who continue to be members do so freely.

Maybe you should join and put your proposals to Club1872 board and membership? 

16 minutes ago, CammyF said:

If the "club" were willing to deal, or even meet with them, then the money would go direct to the club. I can't see the issue with an organisation that was set up to buy shares buying shares. If they can get shares for 20p rather than 25p or 40p, then it makes sense to buy them.

They don't hoover up peoples money. People contribute freely (or have done previously), those who continue to be members do so freely.

Maybe you should join and put your proposals to Club1872 board and membership? 

You "sympathy" with this redundant organisation presumes there is a point, an end product, to their accumulation of shares. This was originally to amass a shareholding that would act as a buffer against malicious owners/directors. Not only have they have failed spectacularly to build that shareholding but have adopted an adversarial approach towards the club they profess to protect. Now they're in a situation where they can never achieve the level of shareholding that was so crucial to their business plan and, having lost their core mission, they have neither direction nor strategy. All that's left is an unseemly squabble. It's over, time to dismantle the sham and walk away.

Edited by Bill

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

You "sympathy" with this redundant organisation presumes there is a point, an end product, to their accumulation of shares. This was originally to amass a shareholding that would act as a buffer against malicious owners/directors. Not only have they have failed spectacularly to build that shareholding but have adopted an adversarial approach towards the club they profess to protect. Now they're in a situation where they can never achieve the level of shareholding that was so crucial to their business plan and, having lost their core mission, they have neither direction nor strategy. All that's left is an unseemly squabble. It's over, time to dismantle the sham and walk away.

I don't have "sympathy" with Club1872, I lost all interest when I stopped my subscription. 

They can continue to purchase shares, they can continue to fund UB displays, they can disband - its of no interest to me as I am no longer a member. 

I don't feel the necessity to tell them what to do - that's their choice and if their members are happy with their vision and plan, who are those outwith the organisation to argue.

As said previously, if you are unhappy with the direction of Club1872 - go join them and put your vision / suggestion for them to the members.

8 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I don't have "sympathy" with Club1872, I lost all interest when I stopped my subscription. 

They can continue to purchase shares, they can continue to fund UB displays, they can disband - its of no interest to me as I am no longer a member. 

I don't feel the necessity to tell them what to do - that's their choice and if their members are happy with their vision and plan, who are those outwith the organisation to argue.

As said previously, if you are unhappy with the direction of Club1872 - go join them and put your vision / suggestion for them to the members.

I've never had any contact with Club1872 and have no desire to tell them to do anything. The idea of joining them in their dance of stupidity is laughable.

10 hours ago, CammyF said:

The club refused to sell Club1872 shares at 25p a share, so they bought shares from someone at 20p per share.

When did they refuse to sell shares to C1872? If that had happened recently then C1872 would have taken great delight in telling us. C1872 did claim that in the past and it was proven to be untrue.

I await the club issuing more shares to push Club1872 under the 5% then Club1872 purchasing more shares for 20p and the cycle will continue

I really doubt if the club even consider what % C1872 have when they decide to issue shares. If C1872 have money to invest in the club then all they need to do is let the club know that they wish to do so.

They have shown that they will ignore any suggestions made to them that doesn't fit into their plans and they've made it impossible for any member to join the board without the current board's approval.

19 hours ago, Bill said:

I've never had any contact with Club1872 and have no desire to tell them to do anything. The idea of joining them in their dance of stupidity is laughable.

Yet you are willing to tell them how to run their operation and who they should and shouldn't purchase shares from. Strange. 

10 hours ago, Bluedell said:

When did they refuse to sell shares to C1872? If that had happened recently then C1872 would have taken great delight in telling us. C1872 did claim that in the past and it was proven to be untrue.

I really doubt if the club even consider what % C1872 have when they decide to issue shares. If C1872 have money to invest in the club then all they need to do is let the club know that they wish to do so.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the "club" not selling or not not selling C1872 shares and if the "club" are "freezing out" investors from share issues with no explanation as to why new shares have been issued.

As for C1872 and its board, I don't know if they stop any member gaining access to the board, they didn't when I was a member but maybe changed their rules.

Either way, they were set up to buy shares and they are buying shares - nothing earthshattering or even newsworthy IMO. 

10 hours ago, Bluedell said:

They have shown that they will ignore any suggestions made to them that doesn't fit into their plans and they've made it impossible for any member to join the board without the current board's approval.

This is a well run organisation.