Rumour: Ecuador int'l midfielder Jose Cifuentes

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Chelsea have just signed a 16 year old from Ecuador, Brighton were knocking back 60 million for thier 21 y/o midfielder Moisés Caicedo in January. They have another young winger called Jeremy Sarmiento who they have high hopes for. Frankfurt have just signed Wilson Pacho who we were linked with from Antwerp. 

The trend is that good young players are coming out of Ecuador, not saying we should scout there intensively as its clear other clubs have beaten us to the punch there but lets not discount them. We signed Grezda from Croatia and he was a waster. I suppose its about being open to anything.

Given the state Chelsea are in I wouldn’t use that as any form of encouragement 

Not too savvy with Ecuadorian youth football but heard that their talent at youth level is pretty potent in passing on the radio and online.

I think the talents there in the MLS, probably some bargains as well it's just doing the proper hwk and being thorough (cpt obvious 🫡).

Heck, Almiron looked like a world beater not so long back so maybe we were too hasty with Sands haha. If we can get a few rough diamonds like Sakala on a bosman out of the MLS and let Beale work on them then the squad will look healthier.

17 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Not too savvy with Ecuadorian youth football but heard that their talent at youth level is pretty potent in passing on the radio and online.

I think the talents there in the MLS, probably some bargains as well it's just doing the proper hwk and being thorough (cpt obvious 🫡).

Heck, Almiron looked like a world beater not so long back so maybe we were too hasty with Sands haha. If we can get a few rough diamonds like Sakala on a bosman out of the MLS and let Beale work on them then the squad will look healthier.

The only flaw in that argument is 2 years and three managers later, Sakala is still a rough diamond.

54 minutes ago, Bill said:

The only flaw in that argument is 2 years and three managers later, Sakala is still a rough diamond.

True but I would argue he didn't actually start a run of fixtures until Beale came in, he's improved loads under him. I take your point though, maybe not THAT rough ha.

2 hours ago, yuddie said:

Heck, Almiron looked like a world beater not so long back

Before that he looked absolutely awful. Patience and perseverance are virtues but not virtues Rangers can afford.

2 hours ago, yuddie said:

True but I would argue he didn't actually start a run of fixtures until Beale came in, he's improved loads under him. I take your point though, maybe not THAT rough ha.

Making silk purses out of sows' ears is still as unlikely as it ever was. I really like Fashion Sakala but his decision making is often terrible and if that hasn't improved after two years then I think the chances are it never will.