Rumour: Marcus Coco emerges as transfer target

From the Sun!

No prize for first joke about name.

FRENCH FANCY 

Marcus Coco emerges as Rangers transfer ‘target’ as reports claim Gers ‘lead chase’ for Ligue 1 star

RANGERS are eyeing up Nantes winger Marcus Coco on a free at the end of the season, according to reports in France.

The 26-year-old former Guingamp midfielder has been with Nantes for four years, but is out of contract at the end of the season and is set to leave.

Marcus Coco at his previous club GuingampCredit: Getty - Contributor

He stated last week he needed to go to a club who would offer him more regular playing time and Rangers are reportedly leading the chase to land him when his contract expires in the summer.

Coco battled back from a medial knee ligament injury that kept him out for nine months two years ago, but hasn't managed to force his way back into the plans as a regular started for Nantes manager Antoine Kombouare, the former Aberdeen captain.

However, he's still managed to make 25 appearances for Nantes this season, although only three of them were starts in Ligue 1.

Before this season, he was a key player for Nantes though and helped them win the Coupe de France last year.

He is usually a left winger, but has played on the right wing too and even as a full back with Nantes.

However, he wants to be a regular starter and stated last week: "Next season, I need to be playing regularly. That is my priority.

"My career has been built through confidence and you can only get that through regular playing time.

"I will be 27 in June. Your career goes super fast and we must not tell ourselves that we have time. We must do everything to act in the present moment and not let it pass."

2 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Coco battled back from a medial knee ligament injury that kept him out for nine months two years ago

Boys...I think we got us a Rangers player.

Break out those guest crutches.

Get that dude a plane ticket!

• Rousseau changed the title to Rumour: Marcus Coco emerges as transfer target

16 days left.

BTW, AFAIK, Matondo was a Beale target / wish, rather than a Wilson one. We will see in the coming weeks whether Beale will utilize his squad in a way that differs from what he did so far. Wouldn't bet too much on it, though.

3 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Coco battled back from a medial knee ligament injury that kept him out for nine months two years ago, but hasn't managed to force his way back into the plans as a regular

😒