Rumour: Joel Piroe a target?

On 16/03/2023 at 20:30, Tannochsidebear said:

3.2 shots per game and 34 games means over 100 shots and 13 goals doesn’t seem a very good return. Perhaps the stattos amongst us can compare this against other strikers?

£6M for a 13 goal striker in a poor league seems excessive but that’s what happens when we only seem to look in the most overpriced market in world football. 

The Championship is far from a poor league.  Won't argue against the overpriced nature of players in that league though.

On 17/03/2023 at 06:40, Rousseau said:

I can't find a table of conversion rates to compare, but Piroe has a 9.2% conversion rate with the highest in the league having around 14%.

Haaland's conversion rate is 23.3%; Kane is 16.4%.

If you look at team conversion rate, Burnley and Middlesbourough (the highest scorers in the league) have an 11.8% conversion rate. Sheff Utd, who are second, have a 9.1% conversion rate. 

I don't think Piroe's conversion rate is that bad; it's not spectacular. 

Piroe's xG is 15.2, including 2 penalties, so I'd say he's scoring as many as he should be scoring; He's maybe under-performing a little. He scored 22 goals from an xG of 12.2 last season which is a huge over-performance; perhaps not sustainable.  

Bare in mind that he has played 10 games as a winger and #10. 

Here's his comparative stats versus other forwards in his league:

Screenshot2023-03-1709_37_17.thumb.png.48c5fda27f92ad02782e44d941b9d675.png

Numbers.... just a bunch of numbers... and I am an accountant 🤣

40 minutes ago, compo said:

That might be decided by how well we do against the hooped horrors in upcoming games.

Not a chance do the Board get rid of Beale given he has won something like 16 of 17 league games since he came in and is undefeated in that time, other than the LC final.  They also arent getting rid of a guy who has basically inherited the squad he has and hasnt had a chance to bring in his own players, aside from Cantwell and Raskin.... and they have been successes thus far - so no way the Board get rid IMHO.

Not sure about that. If he fails to win anything or beat the other mob at least once this season his popularity will fade bigtime. His continuing support of unpopular board members is also bound to loose him the support of a few bluenoses. 🤔 

4 hours ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Not sure about that. If he fails to win anything or beat the other mob at least once this season his popularity will fade bigtime. His continuing support of unpopular board members is also bound to loose him the support of a few bluenoses. 🤔 

I think you're giving far too much credence to a very small section of the support whose brains are clearly being addled by close proximity to loud and annoying drumming.