[FT] Motherwell 2 - 4 Rangers (Tavernier 23; Sakala 47; Cantwell 63; Tillman 69)

Apart from Tav's goal, the only bright light in the first half was Cantwell.  We were much improved in the second half and I agree with others that it should have been much more.  Tillman's goal was excellent.  Morelos did more in 20 mintutes than Colak did for 70.  We are very flat with Lundstram on the park.  He slows us down horribly.  I wouldn't be disappointed if we replaced him.

16 hours ago, CammyF said:

Kent was directly involved in 3 of our 4 goals.

Tav scored one and got another assist.

Morelos also had an assist in his short time on the pitch. 

Let me see ...

1-1: Plays the ball to Lundstram, who is fouled for the free kick. 

3-2: Jack plays the ball to Sakala, who puts it in the box, blocked by a defender, KENT hits a defender, it breaks to Colak whose shot is blocked, Tavernier's subsequent shot is blocked and Cantwell finally scores. (BTW, Sakala locked offside from the angle of the slow mo

4-2 ... oh yes, Kent passes to Morelos who sets up Tillman.

In ice-hockey terms, Kent would indeed get two points for secondary assists (1-1, 4-2). Hey ho.

22 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Let me see ...

1-1: Plays the ball to Lundstram, who is fouled for the free kick. 

3-2: Jack plays the ball to Sakala, who puts it in the box, blocked by a defender, KENT hits a defender, it breaks to Colak whose shot is blocked, Tavernier's subsequent shot is blocked and Cantwell finally scores. (BTW, Sakala locked offside from the angle of the slow mo

4-2 ... oh yes, Kent passes to Morelos who sets up Tillman.

In ice-hockey terms, Kent would indeed get two points for secondary assists (1-1, 4-2). Hey ho.

But we don't play ice hockey - undeniable Kent was involved in 3 of our 4 goals. It's as obvious as your agenda against him.

51 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Dunno why people are so desperate for Sakala to have been offside.  VAR checked it and he was in line with the defender, so onside.  

Bad enough when Tims whine about decisions that go for us.  

Don't think any Rangers fan is desperate for Sakala to be called as offside. Most I've spoken to thought (unlike Morherwells opener) it looked onside "live" but offside from the "stills". Motherwell opener looked offside both live and from stills.

Also noticed in the highlights that Motherwells 2nd goal hits a Motherwell players hand - don't know if VAR checked this or not (they did check for handball as well as offside at our 3rd).

19 hours ago, CammyF said:

Also noticed in the highlights that Motherwells 2nd goal hits a Motherwell players hand - don't know if VAR checked this or not (they did check for handball as well as offside at our 3rd).

Yep i noticed this at the time too. 

FWIW I think Sakala was on and Motherwell player for 1st was clearly off.

Saturday was a great example of where VAR is only useful if the officials using it are useful. 

29 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Saturday was a great example of where VAR is only useful if the officials using it are useful. 

My immediate reaction when watching on tv was that their first goal looked offside. The VAR line looked squinty to me. Should it not be parallel to the lines in the grass?

and the vertical line didn’t seem to touch Goldson. 
And it’s being said now their second was handball by Mugabe before he scored

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

At Fir Park, I believe its all to do with camera angles and the lines are "drawn" to compensate for the poor / limited camera positions.

Your last point us 100% spot-on.