James Sands returns to NYCFC

Seems sensible, doesn't really fit in here as a defender or a midfielder. I'm sure will be a good player elsewhere.

https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/james-sands-departs-rangers/1PmGXCNTEfFWr0AgnDyAmf

RANGERS Football Club can today confirm James Sands has returned to parent club New York City FC.

The United States international joined Rangers on-loan in January 2022 and went on to make 41 appearances for the club in both domestic and European competition. 

Sands featured for the Light Blues in the 2021/22 Europa League final and played his part in last season’s Scottish Cup run, as Rangers lifted the trophy for the first time in 13 years. 

He has also made a contribution to this year’s run in the Scottish Cup, with the winning goal against Partick Thistle in the last round of the competition.

Rangers Manager, Michael Beale, commented: “I would like to thank James for his time at Rangers. He was a well-liked player in our squad and I enjoyed working with him on a daily basis. I believe he will go on to have an excellent career.

“The opportunity to return to NYCFC for the start of the MLS season, where he will be a key player in their squad, was something that we felt was correct for all parties. Everyone at Rangers wishes him well moving forwards.”

There was a comment from Beale towards the end of the transfer window that made me think this was going to happen, was surprised it didn't when Raskin came in...

Correct decision all the same I think, squad is too big as it is and everybody needs game time to prove whether they can be part of the team going forward

Edited by lenny3k

42 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

All the best to James Sands. He may not have won a contract, but he gave us 100% effort.

Agree....if half the players that were fielded on Sunday showed the same effort that James put in every time he pulled on RFC shirt we would have won the first trophy of the season.

Best of luck James back at NYCFC.  

Correct decision from the club.

Best of luck James, you can always say you played for the best club in the world and gave 100% every time you pulled on the famous blue jersey.

Another of those versatile players that are never quite good enough to play in their own preferred position.

To be honest, he never looked like he'd make the grade with us. Certainly had some decent elements but was generally unconvincing.