Safe Standing, again! | Club1872

Poll: Ibrox Safe Standing

Dear Contributor,

Following our recent survey, in which 75% of Contributors indicated their support for Safe Standing being introduced at Ibrox, we are, as promised, holding a formal Club 1872 poll on the subject.

Our last contact with Rangers on this matter was several years ago when they indicated that a feasibility study was being carried out.

If Contributors indicate their support for the introduction of Safe Standing then we will immediately contact Rangers for an update on the feasibility study they carried out a number of years ago and to clarify what the Club’s official position currently is. We will also investigate how Club 1872 might facilitate safe standing being introduced through both lobbying the Rangers hierarchy and investigating funding options.

Voting will close on Thursday 23rd February at midnight.

Contributors can vote by logging into their Club 1872 account on the website and following the link to vote. Alternatively you can follow the Surveys link in the My Account area of the site. 

Club 1872

• Rousseau changed the title to Safe Standing, again! | Club1872

Maybe Club1872 can put to good use the money harvested from its members by selling its shares and donating proceeds to the club for facility improvements. Just not this pointless vanity project that the vast majority of the stadium will never enjoy. Is there anything these people can’t get wrong?

I couldn't be less interested in what the green brigade to or don't do and I've no wish to ever see safe standing at Ibrox. I hope our lot aren't pursuing safe standing just because the green brigade have it. That would be too demeaning.

57 minutes ago, Bill said:

I couldn't be less interested in what the green brigade to or don't do and I've no wish to ever see safe standing at Ibrox. I hope our lot aren't pursuing safe standing just because the green brigade have it. That would be too demeaning.

I think there is a real appetite for safe standing within sectons of our support mostly the younger generation and "ultras".

Historically I've been against safe standing at Ibrox but slowly coming around to the idea.

If it was put to a vote, I think I'd vote in favour of it. 

Surprised that C1872 are pushing this and not the UBs .

PS - apologies to @Bill as didn't meant to quote you in my response 😀

Edited by CammyF

19 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I think there is a real appetite for safe standing within sectons of our support mostly the younger generation and "ultras".

Historically I've been against safe standing at Ibrox but slowly coming around to the idea.

If it was put to a vote, I think I'd vote in favour of it. 

Surprised that C1872 are pushing this and not the UBs .

PS - apologies to @Bill as didn't meant to quote you in my response 😀

No problemo

18 hours ago, Bill said:

Maybe Club1872 can put to good use the money harvested from its members by selling its shares and donating proceeds to the club for facility improvements. Just not this pointless vanity project that the vast majority of the stadium will never enjoy. Is there anything these people can’t get wrong?

13 hours ago, Bill said:

Nailed it @Bill on both posts. It seems everything UB do is in relation to GB. They clearly admire their work. I’m totally against safe standing at Ibrox, they already stand throughout the game anyway, this just seems a way to be able to hide from cctv, I don’t see it brings anything positive to proceedings for a massive cost when we have so many areas needing this investment, like better facilities for our disabled fans for starters.

16 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

It seems everything UB do is in relation to GB. They clearly admire their work.

Not really.  Ultras or whatever you want to call them are similar throughout Europe, in terms of their aims and behaviour. 

The atmosphere at Ibrox is generally abysmal, so anything that can make it better should be supported.

I much prefer standing at the football.

25 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Not really.  Ultras or whatever you want to call them are similar throughout Europe, in terms of their aims and behaviour. 

The atmosphere at Ibrox is generally abysmal, so anything that can make it better should be supported.

I much prefer standing at the football.

I don't know why anyone would be against creating a better atmosphere?