In fairness it's similar to the fines that we have had in the past so it seems fair enough. Also, it was a first offence for them albeit a particularly high profile one so I dont have any issues. If they received a massive fine it would go against the fines we and others have had.

I have no issue with their fine either - but I do have issue with the difference in treatment between Dida and Juninho

The thing that is double standards it that they've given Dida a two match ban but done hee haw about Juninho. Juninho's blatant dive was not considered worthy of their review on the basis that it did not affect the outcome of the match. Neither did Dida's yet he gets the ban!?

Anyone think Dida's reaction has saved Celtic big time, if he hadnt gone down like a fanny uefa would have concentrated more on Celtic. However i think the verdict is about right. They are never gonna fine a club an amount they cant easily afford so whether its 25,000 or 25 bucks its not gonna make a big difference in the grand scale of things

The thing that is double standards it that they've given Dida a two match ban but done hee haw about Juninho. Juninho's blatant dive was not considered worthy of their review on the basis that it did not affect the outcome of the match. Neither did Dida's yet he gets the ban!?

And don't forget that Davie Weir now runs the risk of being suspended for a game and all because he was the victim of a dive.

Shocking double standards.

I think Dida's ban is irrelvant. He didnt "cheat" the opposition, he was making a point that a fan was on the pitch. For him to be carried off was silly but he should have got a slap round the wrist as it did not effect the outcome of the game.

25k is not big enough yet FIFA and UEFA's fines to clubs are not big enough in general. So Celtic have to hand out the same amount as they do to Scott Brown every week - big deal! The point here should be what if the guy had a knife!!

Its lesson learnt the easy way and all clubs have to take note that no fans should enter the pitch.

UEFA have to start increasing the fines so all clubs take note.

The difference between the Juninho incident and the Dida one is incomparable. The former dived during the course of play in order to win a foul and the other one dived and feigned injury for ten minutes in an attemtp to get the decision of a match overturned.

Juninho should have got hammered for what he did, but it is incomparable to the actions of Dida, who got everything he deserved imo

The difference between the Juninho incident and the Dida one is incomparable. The former dived during the course of play in order to win a foul and the other one dived and feigned injury for ten minutes in an attemtp to get the decision of a match overturned.

Juninho should have got hammered for what he did, but it is incomparable to the actions of Dida, who got everything he deserved imo

I probably agree with what they got fined, even if i was hoping for a more severe punishment.

BUT

Uefa's line on the Juninho incident is that it didnt effect the outcome of the game, neither did Didas, the fact that Davie Wier got booked in the Juninho incident just adds more weight to it.

Uefa's decisions are like a lottery.