[FT] Rangers 2 (Tavernier 15' pen; Kamara 57') - 0 St Johnstone

Let's see whether Beale goes with Morelos (who looks better now) and Colak against Hearts. I'd also prefer Sakala to whomever is to be played on the right or left wing. These are proper attackers with a will to shoot at the target. Let the others come behind them.

It's definitely better than under GvB but it's also clear there's a way to go yet.

For me, by far the brightest highlight of the game was seeing Iannis Hagi back on the pitch and looking like he's lost none of his ability. He's the best addition we could have hoped for in this transfer window.

The defence continues to improve but, much as I praised his improved performance in the first half, I'm afraid Tav still looks the weakest link in the back line and as the team improves around him it just becomes more obvious.

Also - it takes a lot to make Hibs look good but Aberdeen managed it with flying colours.

18 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Not clinical enough and haven't been for ages.  

We should really be hammering these sides, especially when we score early.  

Spot on but small mercies and all that  - at least we've stopped conceding goals every time there's a cross into our six yard box.

Today was a strange game as I thought St Johnstone were far better with 10 than when they were at full strength. And in football, that sometimes happens. 

We had numerous opportunities to score but weren't clinical enough but big positives - Cantwell debut, Hagi return and a very good performance and goal from Kamara. 

Onto Wednesday.