[FT] Rangers 2 (Jack 61'; Roofe 94') - 1 Aberdeen AET

Just calming down after game and getting home.

Hampden usual s**i hole and pitch  bloody hell,

My view on game:-

1) McGregor finished,static at goal.

2) Full backs both were poor especially Tav.

3) Looks like a few are carrying injuries.

4) Beale has them showing fight in adversity.

5) the sheep got what they deserved.

6) We're in the final so result.

I thought it was a good game. Not a classic and not always comfortable but a well-contested semi-final. Games like this, especially semi-finals are seldom easy affairs and I think we did well to win it.

I think as a priority we need changes at fullback, on both sides of the pitch. I'm all for using fullbacks to attack but if they can't defend as a bare minimum then they will always cost us. Barisic has always blown hot and cold but his defensive instincts are virtually non-existent. Tavernier just looks finished and there were times when he looked truly awful today ... something unfathomable when you consider the heights he was reaching on the way to Seville. 

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

Also worth mentioning the pitch - an absolute disgrace for a "showpiece" semi-final.

I've never been a fan of Hampden since it's been "renovated". It also one of the worst grounds in Scotland to get in and out off. 

The SFA now owns Hampden. Wonder if they’ll be able to fund its upkeep. A new pitch for starters maybe 

10 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

The SFA now owns Hampden. Wonder if they’ll be able to fund its upkeep. A new pitch for starters maybe 

Can't see how they'll be able to  - should have ripped it down when they had the opportunity to. 

Also hearing that VAR WASNT used at Celtic v Killie semi-final due to "technical issues".........