[FT] Rangers 2 (Jack 61'; Roofe 94') - 1 Aberdeen AET

6 minutes ago, onevision said:

and he played a cute pass in leading up to our first goal.

I think DB and others watched a different Ryan Kent.

I can still spot that No. 14, pointless step-overs, and eyes at the referee when he doesn't give a foul for said No. 14 with closed eyes and despite my age ... 😜

Glad to see Ryan Jack starting to show up well in games with his general and match fitness improving with more minutes. Lundstram was below average at times yesterday whilst Kamara was again very poor. We knew central midfield was a priority so hoping see reinforcements imminently.

Struggling to explain what has happened to Kamara. Post Euro 2020(21) he has gradually regressed and is a pale shadow of the player we seen during the 55 season. Not alone in that obviously but his worsening contribution a real puzzle. Has gone from Mr Reliable to a liability.

All things considered, progress has been reasonable under Beale over the last six weeks and more injured players returning will help too. However, it remains obvious we lack quality in the squad so new signings essential asap. As is removing the 'anxiety' which remains an issue and really needs to be addressed.

This Rangers team are frustrating in that for periods you can see real quality in our play but we remain vulnerable on the transition which is an issue when we often give up possession far too cheaply. Various players coughed up the ball too easily yesterday, a few knocked five yard passes directly out of play and I thought our defensive clearances/headers were laughable at times which happens far too often.

We deserved to win yesterday but it's clear much improvement is required.

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

All about opinions and mines is that Kent had a very good game, yours is he didn't. However, it's also my opinion that Kent could score a hattrick and set up another 2 goals and you'd still not be happy with his contribution.

Any time we looked threatening yesterday was when Kent was involved. His pass to set up the move for the 1st goal was sublime.

Kent played well yesterday. Any opinion to the contrary is absurd.

1 hour ago, onevision said:

Was i alone in screaming at Wright, rather than take the ball to the corner flag with 30secs to go, decided it was best to try and cut inside and lose the ball?

Aye, me too.  But in fairness I thought he was very bright when he came on

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Well said Craig. There have been occasions when Ryan Kent had a poor game. Yesterday definitely wasn't one of them. I'd also suggest since Beale came back, Kent has been our most consistently productive forward.

Beale has given / trusted Kent to play with more freedom and he is looking far more dangerous in the "free" role.

Even when not at his best, his work rate could never be questioned. He gives 100% everytime he plays.