Alan Gow......

Agreed. He showed promise AND determination in playing in LA. Deserves a chance ahead of some like Adam who has done nothing in his last couple of SPL starts.

Yeah but more to the point he is a creative player which the team is crying out for.

Personally id have 2, 3 or even 4 creative players in the team ahead of the more solid and safety players especially in the SPL and at Ibrox.

I fear the likes of Gow or Buffel will come in and even be played out of position but wont manage to change things on there own then they wont get another look-in or the fans will be on there backs.

Yeah but more to the point he is a creative player which the team is crying out for.

Personally id have 2, 3 or even 4 creative players in the team ahead of the more solid and safety players especially in the SPL and at Ibrox.

I fear the likes of Gow or Buffel will come in and even be played out of position but wont manage to change things on there own then they wont get another look-in or the fans will be on there backs.

I think WS went with purchasing solid players as he had to stabilise the squad and team. But with the start we initially made I feel he could have been a bit more adventurous with his choice of personnel.

Gow, Naismith, Novo, Burke even - players who can change a game if given the chance. So.... team rotation is WS tactics - not one of those players were involved vs Lyon so why not play them against Hibs ? They are all proven SPL players, so why not let them prove themselves good enough for Rangers in the SPL ?

But WS goes with Whittaker and Adam - Whittaker is the SAFE option because he covers for Hutton when he makes his runs - but that really leaves you playing with a RB who makes attacking runs and another RB trying to play RM. Give Novo a chance at RM - he has more flair than Whittaker, more pace, is more attacking - but he also tracks back very well indeed.

Adam IMO offers very little other than set pieces - but if a player is getting a game at Rangers SOLELY because he is a threat at set pieces then it is a travesty. I would give Gow or Naismith the nod there - they couldn't be any worse than the guys were at the weekend.

I think WS went with purchasing solid players as he had to stabilise the squad and team. But with the start we initially made I feel he could have been a bit more adventurous with his choice of personnel.

Gow, Naismith, Novo, Burke even - players who can change a game if given the chance. So.... team rotation is WS tactics - not one of those players were involved vs Lyon so why not play them against Hibs ? They are all proven SPL players, so why not let them prove themselves good enough for Rangers in the SPL ?

But WS goes with Whittaker and Adam - Whittaker is the SAFE option because he covers for Hutton when he makes his runs - but that really leaves you playing with a RB who makes attacking runs and another RB trying to play RM. Give Novo a chance at RM - he has more flair than Whittaker, more pace, is more attacking - but he also tracks back very well indeed.

Adam IMO offers very little other than set pieces - but if a player is getting a game at Rangers SOLELY because he is a threat at set pieces then it is a travesty. I would give Gow or Naismith the nod there - they couldn't be any worse than the guys were at the weekend.

Yip, once again your talking good sense :)

Adam is a strange one though. He scored double figures last season so may feel he is in with a shout but when he is dire he is really dire but can also have a decent game or 2.

Burke is similar but I see him more effective coming off the bench. But for me Novo should be well in the team right now and id be playing Naismith also.

Id also consider moving McCulloch upfront or to the bench for a game or 2. He started the season very well on the right but has gone off the boil a little but he still offers a threat and playing upfront maybe a good move for him. Plus he doesnt have electric pace to play wide in this 4-5-1.

But team selection for the OF game will be very interesting.

Agree fully Craig and i will go further to say Whittaker is not a good buy for midfield. Just as a thought what about turning it round, Hutton in front of whittaker. Hutton has the pace to hit the bye line. Hutton is not the best passer in the world and that may hold him back but i would like to see Hutton given the freedom to race forward with whittaker taking over at RB.

Seems to me that Walter is departing from the strategy that steadied the ship and what made us so optimistic.

We have castigated Eck and Le Guen for choosing baffling team choices and tactics and then doing badly, now Walter is starting to do the same.

I've said it before, if you do something that departs from the obvious and it works, you look like a genius, if it doesn't work, you look like a fool.

When Walter came back, he seemed to be doing all the obvious stuff like shoring up the defence and picking the best players we had available and using the most appropriate tactics.

Few could really disagree with his team and formation - and it worked. He still seems to be doing that for Europe but is blotting his copy book by some strange team selections at home.

I actually agree with the formation against Hibs as it's the same as we use to such effect in Europe against the form team in the SPL.

However I agree that a few personnel choices were not the best. Hemdani deserved to retain his place, but then so did McCulloch, and if you're going to replace him it should be with a more attack minded player than Adam, with Beasley as the glaringly obvious choice. Others have mentioned Gow which could be a good choice if Beasley needed rested, and it's a shame he seems the only player not to get a look in at the moment.

Boyd is well known not to be good at the lone striker role, which is why he's not used in Europe as such. Cousin should definitely been on from the beginning, especially as he's dying for a game.

On the right, the obvious again is that Whittaker needs a rest and the pressure taken off him. Novo has played excellently this season and can do a great job on the right and would make our formation far more attacking against a lesser side than Stuggart or Lyon.

He injects energy into the game which seems to be lacking when in the SPL this month.

Walter needs to get back to doing the more obvious as it's what he seemed to be good at.