[FT] Ross County 0 - 1 Rangers (Lundstram 35)

8 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Did folk expect us to waltz matches with a new manager, despite the horrendous injury list and lack of confidence in the squad?  

Therein lies the problem as some fans think we should just turn up, play like 1970s Brazil and thump everyone we play 6 or 7 nil no matter who we are up against.

It's mental and we've all watched football long enough to know that very rarely happens. Even with a fully fit team, at peak fitness and confident, there's games where you'll "struggle". 

I think if someone had offered us 9 points from the 3 games we'd all have taken it. 

We move onto Motherwell and hopefully have more players back and more options. 

As fans, we need to get behind the manager and players and help this transition as it's obvious from Belaes comments, the squad is ravaged, lacking fitness and confidence.

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

No way.  

Matondo had plenty of time to make a decision and had the option to shoot or pass it.  He looks completely bereft of confidence.  

All about opinions. I think a fully switched on Alfie would have adjusted and diverted the ball home. 

Sakala doesn't have an excuse- 5 yards out, a brilliant delivery and he managed to place the ball in the only position where he couldn't score.

Agree 100% on Matondo's lack of confidence. 

Not having a go at Alfie or Fashion as players miss chances, it's part of the game. The positive is that we are creating chances and players are in the positions to "miss" them. 

12 minutes ago, CammyF said:

All about opinions. 

Sure is mate and IMO Matundo's was by far the easiest and he fluffed his lines. He is also not my whipping boy as i back every player wearing a Rangers jersey. Still doesn't excuse them from critisim

Edited by onevision

5 minutes ago, lenny3k said:

It seems many have forgotten that we only picked up 4 points from a possible 9 in the 3 league games before the break? There is no doubt a LOT of work to be done, but to pick up 9 points from 9 while not playing well, still having a lot of players out injured and a sickess bug. Add in two of those three games being weekday and long journeys away with minimal rest, I am happy with the start, its brings confidence that was so obviously non existant before the world cup.

That gives us a much needed platform to build on, I'm optimistic for now

Away with you, there is no place for common sense and a dose of reality on this (or any Rangers) message boards. 

In all seriousness - great post.

There's a player in Matondo, hopefully Beale and some confidence can tease it out soon. He was a wee bit unlucky tbh, gave keeper the eyes, did the right thing, was a couple of inches away from taking it round him.

It's all about fine margins though eh, look at Sakalas goal in midweek, horrific first touch, second touch even worse, then slashes at the third. But, it ends up in the net so no one talks about it.