The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

50 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Both Tom Davies & Cantwell are high risk signings in my opinion. Not unlike Matondo.

Whatever they had ain’t there anymore. Who’s to say they’ll rediscover it at Rangers 

And that's the market we are in. We have to gamble and I for one am excited at the proposition of both playing for Rangers. 

5 hours ago, Frankie said:

Also, some chat that Cantwell was in Glasgow today.

Manager's post-match comments yesterday about him and Tom Davies seemed to suggest a very strong interest given he named them both which is fairly unusual.

Heard he held talks with Ross Wilson today and Beale wants him immediately rather than in the summer. 

Davies is a player Beale has liked and monitored for a while and fits the profile of player Beale likes. 

19 minutes ago, CammyF said:

And that's the market we are in. We have to gamble and I for one am excited at the proposition of both playing for Rangers. 

It should not be the main market we’re in though. Far from it.
As well as developing our own players from the academy, we should be looking at home & abroad for young players to develop & sell on. Like Bassey & Aribo.
Will Tom Davies or Cantwell bring us anything like Bassey & Aribo did? 

14 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

It should not be the main market we’re in though. Far from it.
As well as developing our own players from the academy, we should be looking at home & abroad for young players to develop & sell on. Like Bassey & Aribo.
Will Tom Davies or Cantwell bring us anything like Bassey & Aribo did? 

I don't know - but having both played in EPL (and Championship in Cantwells case), they are further on in their development than Aribo and Bassey (who were gambles and we are lucky both paid off - let's bot forget Bassey was written off by a large section of fans early in his Rangers career).

We are developing our own players via the Academy but no matter how much money you throw at it, or who you employee to run it, not every player will be a Patterson or a Bassey.

If we do sign Cantwell and he can recapture the form he showed early in his career, we'll make a fortune on him. It's a gamble, but all signings are.