Confirmed: Michael Beale named Rangers manager

42 minutes ago, Frankie said:

It reads fairly reasonable to me....

...Unrealistic and somewhat naiive to expect board clarity and fan patience to go hand in hand maybe but certainly not rubbish.

I think that it is needed, rather than expecting it to happen.

I don't think we have the required leadership capabilities inside the building.

The communication from board/club to the support has mainly been about superficial appeasement. Keep them happy and spending and don't bother with any negative reality.

That will always come back to bite you on the erse, as we have recently seen.

Alignment is a word they often use. They need to realise that it should, as far as possible, include the support.

Edited by buster.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

I think that it is needed, rather than expecting it to happen.

I don't think we have the required leadership capabilities inside the building.

The communication from board/club to the support has mainly been about superficial appeasement. Keep them happy and spending and don't bother with any negative reality.

That will always come back to bite you on the erse, as we have recently seen.

Alignment is a word they often use. They need to realise that it should, as far as possible, include the support.

It should but I doubt it will and I assume that's what R_S was scoffing about.

It goes into the realms of fans=customers and having no right of input into the business but I think football clubs are different in that respect (or could be). But that's more of an ideal than an expectation per se.

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

As long as the stadium is full, the board won't change their (lack of) communication.  

Of course but the point is that could change very quickly.  The last ten years has taken it out of many supporters and whilst our loyalty is not in question during that period if people feel they're being taken for granted (and many fans I do know are getting frustrated) then folk will drift off - more so if the team cannot catch Celtic.

As such, I think the board could get ahead of the curve on that. That's naiive of me for sure but not unreasonable.

27 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

A good manager can get the best out of players.  

The club aren't going to spend much, so Beale will largely have to work with he's got and we'll have to hope the wheeling and dealing improves, as well as the injury list.

Agreed. 

That's the modern game. Managers are coaches now; they have to implement a style of play, instil tactics and strategy, improve players etc.

Gone are the days where a manager just assembles a team, organises them ('four-four-f*cking-two!') and lets them go. Those types don't work now; the game is too complex. 

7 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I think the board could get ahead of the curve on that. That's naiive of me for sure but not unreasonable

I think the majority of us agree the board could do better on that front.  I also think the rising living costs might be a factor, for a lot of people, in the near future.  

There's no indication the board are going to be proactive though.  

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think the majority of us agree the board could do better on that front.  I also think the rising living costs might be a factor, for a lot of people, in the near future.  

There's no indication the board are going to be proactive though.  

Agreed. The next round of ST renewals be a challenging spend for some, especially if results don't pick up in a big way.

To be fair, we have no idea if the board is being proactive or not, or what it might be doing in that sense, and it's hardly a surprise if they are compelled to keep much of it close to their chests. I'd also like to see the board setting out a clear pathway for the club but I understand why that isn't always possible. While calling out for communication, a couple of hours at a board meeting might be more of an education than many fans want to receive. 

My guess is that the next year (and possibly much less than that) could see a significant change of ownership at Rangers and, if so, it's only to be expected that everything the board says and does will be affected by that, particularly where spending is concerned.