Message From Gio

18 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He should have some input.  

Any head coach - not the old 'manager' position - worth their salt should be able to get the most out of the players at their disposal. It's the modern game. 

I’d like to think he manager/head coach would have more than ‘some input’

2 hours ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

He is a free man and has every right to make a statement just like you or me. I did not read anything in his statement that blames the club or others.

Oooooh

16 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I’d like to think he manager/head coach would have more than ‘some input’

I think some input and final say is about right.

GvB himself said he was happy with the squad. 

And he accepted the job knowing full well our recruitment model. 

15 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think some input and final say is about right.

GvB himself said he was happy with the squad. 

And he accepted the job knowing full well our recruitment model. 

I don’t recall him saying he was happy with the squad but if he did he was badly mistaken.

And if he was happy with our recruitment model(where Wilson takes all the decisions?) then it is no surprise to me that the appointment of our next manager/head coach seems to be taking forever. No manager worth his salt would allow a DoF like Wilson to pick and choose his playing staff

5 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I don’t recall him saying he was happy with the squad but if he did he was badly mistaken.

And if he was happy with our recruitment model(where Wilson takes all the decisions?) then it is no surprise to me that the appointment of our next manager/head coach seems to be taking forever. No manager worth his salt would allow a DoF like Wilson to pick and choose his playing staff

I'm not going to look for it, but he said it not too long ago, iirc.

Mistaken, or not good enough? Both can be correct, I suppose. 

90% of teams have a DoF model. There's clearly a benefit. Its a wonder they all get their manager positions filled... ? A coach worth their salt can do the job. 

4 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Lack of investment in squad?

not having full control of recruitment?

There's been a decent amount of investment in the squad though and before he signed the contract he would have been aware of the budget and what the responsibilities of everyone involved-in transfers would have been.

I'm going to assume its the injury situation until we hear otherwise from a source which isn't just a WhatsApp message from their mate.

Let's not forget that he was happy with the squad we have and presumably sanctioned some of the contract extensions which have used up some of the budget he could have used elsewhere. 

Edited by ascender

There's no way any manager would accept a situation where they come in to a club and are told the DOF will just identify and sign the players they want and the manager will just have to deal with it.

I'm assuming, but happy to be corrected, that the DOF will constantly be looking-out for players who they think are realistic signings, a good fit for the club, the league, good investments etc and then sit down with the manager to discuss them along with any players the manager thinks we should be looking at?

It was his fault !

Naw, it was the fitbaw operation !

No, it wis the board !

No, no, no...it was the DoF !

But what about the players !

Maybe it is a developing omnishambles with the main issue, increasingly going to be financial.

Trying to be Big with a relatively Small budget.