[2022] Who should be the next Rangers manager?

Who should be the next Rangers manager?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Rangers manager?

• Sean Dyche
    • Mick Beale
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Kevin Muscat
    • Rino Gattuso
    • David Martindale
    • Domenico Tedesco
    • Peter Bosz
    • Kjetil Knutsen
    • Barak Bakhar
    • Other (name in thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

Interesting that many favour Dyche who doesn’t seem to interest any EPL clubs over Beale who just KB’d Wolves, who seem to be a well run club tbh. Maybe coincidence or maybe they know something we don’t.

The more I think about it the more it’s a fit for us. Don’t think we were ever going to get a Seaone or a Knutsen. Seaone will probably pop up at Lyon or a similar stature club in Italy/Spain in a few months. 

We need to target someone with an upside and I think if we looked at a managerial profile like Beales who didn’t have a connection to us there would probably be the same question marks over the appointment but also a bit of excitement over the potential.

I just hope Ross Wilson can work wonders to refresh the squad for him. We need some hungry and fit bodies in while moving out the non contributors and high earners for decent fees while we still can. 

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

It’ll be interesting to see what Michael Beale’s title will be. I suspect it might be Head Coach or something which would make sense.
The days when a club had a manager such as we had with Jock Wallace,John Greig, Souness etc are long gone where they controlled everything 

The DoF/ Sporting director role at most big clubs has been created to take away a lot off the previous non-football duties of the manager such as transfers, contracts etc allowing the head coach to focus on management of the first team squad and match tactics, game plans etc 

But the DoF/Sporting director needs to be able to work with the head coach on these matters. I’m not convinced that was the case with GvB & Ross Wilson . 

Edited by RANGERRAB

13 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Mail-Keown-IMG-1571.jpg

So I read the headline thinking he may have a point. But then i read the article and have no real idea what his point is. He then at the end of the article goes off on a tangent about Celtc selling Juranovic as he won’t sign a new deal and what great business that is. Not sure what that’s got to do with Beale.

A great example of why the MSM is dying. I’ve read far better posts on here, never mind some of the blog posts from 4lads etc that blow Gary Keowns rubbish out of the water.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

26 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

A great example of why the MSM is dying. I’ve read far better posts on here, never mind some of the blog posts from 4lads etc that blow Gary Keowns rubbish out of the water.

Dying?

It doesn't matter how rubbish it gets. Scottish football fans will still fall over themselves to promote, and discuss, mainstream coverage.

It can never die for that reason.